50 Parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:08 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about
50 Parts

Okay i have some of my old 636 stuff about to sell i think and just sold my 65 mustang.. So have money for my truck and 50 now Now to the point of my post...

I want to put a 88 kit on my 50 and upgrade the forks and rear shock... I know 50 stunt has everything i need but its a bit prices so before i go there and buy it was wondering if anyone else had anything they would be willing to sell??
Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 PM

BEHRENDS50 is a decent person
Re: 50 Parts

u could maybe check other 50 web sites, but ryan is the best one
Old 10-22-2009, 08:31 PM

sarNz is a decent person

planetminis always has a bunch of for sale threads with good stuff in em
Old 10-22-2009, 09:45 PM

mroneeyedboh is a decent person

Planetminis and maybe fiddystunt. I would buy all new bro. No point in getting beat up ish
Old 10-23-2009, 09:11 AM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by BEHRENDS50
u could maybe check other 50 web sites, but ryan is the best one
Yeah i really like helping ryan out by buying from him... But i need over $800 in parts and its over my budget..

Originally Posted by sarNz
planetminis always has a bunch of for sale threads with good stuff in em
I forgot about planetminis will for sure check them out.

Originally Posted by mroneeyedboh
Planetminis and maybe fiddystunt. I would buy all new bro. No point in getting beat up ish
And yeah i want new.. Lol I was hoping i would be lucky and find someone who got the stuff but then lost internist or something and just wanted it out of there garage was worth a try
Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 AM

Defff man I just dropped over 400 dollars at 50 stunt and If you need tires, cheapest place is here. 14.99 a tire plus 6.99 shipping ( stays 6.99 for two tires )

http://www.amazon.com/IRC-MB-38-Fron...6309142&sr=8-4

great deal. Cheapest I've seen is like close to 50 after shipping and handling bullsh!t charges.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:19 AM
T/C
Squid...

Defff man I just dropped over 400 dollars at 50 stunt and If you need tires, cheapest place is here. 14.99 a tire plus 6.99 shipping ( stays 6.99 for two tires )

http://www.amazon.com/IRC-MB-38-Fron...6309142&sr=8-4

great deal. Cheapest I've seen is like close to 50 after shipping and handling bullsh!t charges.
Sweet i do need a front tire... For sure going there thanks for the link! Another question... I got the bike from a guy on here and he said he was sending the stuff for the front brakes and never did so i need a cable and the spring for the big bar kit you have any clue where i can get that? I have found the cable but not the spring...

Ohh And few more questions to add on to this since you seem to know your stuff...

1) When up grading susp. I am 6'3 and about 160 would the stage 1 be fine?

2) And on the 88 kit... What are the benefits/disadvantages of the stage 1 , 2 , 3 ?

Sorry for playing 50 questions lol

Last edited by T/C; 10-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:43 AM

I needed the same ish. Goto bike bandit and look up your crf50. You need the spring, the barrel thingy and the adjuster.. Here are the links

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...f-2006/o/m2277

under the " handle, lever, switch " picture. its numbers 5, 15 and 16. Comes out to be around 9 dollars shipped. Well for me.

As far as the questions, I wouldnt go all out and get a new shock. The kits are not sold as far as your weight is concerned. I would just get a HD spring for the rear. If you have money go for it, but the only difference between the sTage 1 and stage 2 is the rear shock.

If you want the +1 legs and all then ok. But I would go with the HD fork springs, bushings, and Hd rear spring. You can spend the money that you were going to spend on the stage one kit on other ****, ya know?

The 88 kits were designed for well I guess racing setups. we arent racing, and we dont need crazy speeds. I have a stage 2 without the cam. I also have a CDI box and a power tip. Thats it. And trust me its fast. I wanted to go all out, but I thought why? I dont need it, so I would go stage two if you feel like putting in a cam and if not, go stage one and then goto DrAtv.com and go under their performance section and get a 20mm carb and make sure you get an extended throttle cable ( if you dont have one ) but they re cheap anyways. and trust me you'll be setup. Were around the same height and weight so I think It'll work out fine.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
T/C
Squid...

I needed the same ish. Goto bike bandit and look up your crf50. You need the spring, the barrel thingy and the adjuster.. Here are the links

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...f-2006/o/m2277

under the " handle, lever, switch " picture. its numbers 5, 15 and 16. Comes out to be around 9 dollars shipped. Well for me.

As far as the questions, I wouldnt go all out and get a new shock. The kits are not sold as far as your weight is concerned. I would just get a HD spring for the rear. If you have money go for it, but the only difference between the sTage 1 and stage 2 is the rear shock.

If you want the +1 legs and all then ok. But I would go with the HD fork springs, bushings, and Hd rear spring. You can spend the money that you were going to spend on the stage one kit on other ****, ya know?

The 88 kits were designed for well I guess racing setups. we arent racing, and we dont need crazy speeds. I have a stage 2 without the cam. I also have a CDI box and a power tip. Thats it. And trust me its fast. I wanted to go all out, but I thought why? I dont need it, so I would go stage two if you feel like putting in a cam and if not, go stage one and then goto DrAtv.com and go under their performance section and get a 20mm carb and make sure you get an extended throttle cable ( if you dont have one ) but they re cheap anyways. and trust me you'll be setup. Were around the same height and weight so I think It'll work out fine.
Alright bad *** on the susp. i have looked over that.. I dont really care all that much about the lift.. I have just blown out my front forks and the rear shock just sucks

So the CDI Box helps alot? And what does the power tip do? With everything but the Power tip got it down to 400 i can work a little more with that lol And the reason i was asking about the power tip is when i ride 90% of the time its on the streets in town and around my house and i want to stay as quite as i can
Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM
T/C
Squid...

Cool New front tire... Everything for my front breaks, stage 2 88 kit, cdi box, oil pump, and all the HD spring stuff for $460 way more in my price range thanks a ton for all the help lol
Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Yeah the suspension just get the HD replacement springs and the bushings. Dont worry about the +1 fork legs.

The CDI box? Ehh cant vouch really, but it does advance the timing curve a bit. I mean go for it its a few more bucks.. Its money saved on the suspension right? haha. In all seriousness I dont think you need it. It doesnt make it FASTER but help timing out a bit for more rev's and tad more throttle response.

The power tip helps the exhaust breath as it is pretty muffled stock. The tip does make it deeper, if the noise is an issue, stay stock then.

Yeah I went with stage 1 advanced kit ( best set up ), HD auto clutch, Hi volume oil pump, another front lever, HD fork springs, 50stunt bushings, clutch nut ( needed if your swapping the clutch ), new piston and head gasket kit.

Your going to need to prolly get a HD clutch soon bro. That 88cc torque is going to stress the stock clutch. You may need a hi volume oil pump and you'll have the motor apart anyways when you install the 88 kit so better yet get the hi vol oil pump to save your top end a bit.

cheap and its cheap insurance. but you'll have to pull the clutch so mind as well replace the clutch and get the clutch nut tool too.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
T/C
Squid...

Yeah the suspension just get the HD replacement springs and the bushings. Dont worry about the +1 fork legs.

The CDI box? Ehh cant vouch really, but it does advance the timing curve a bit. I mean go for it its a few more bucks.. Its money saved on the suspension right? haha. In all seriousness I dont think you need it. It doesnt make it FASTER but help timing out a bit for more rev's and tad more throttle response.

The power tip helps the exhaust breath as it is pretty muffled stock. The tip does make it deeper, if the noise is an issue, stay stock then.

Yeah I went with stage 1 advanced kit ( best set up ), HD auto clutch, Hi volume oil pump, another front lever, HD fork springs, 50stunt bushings, clutch nut ( needed if your swapping the clutch ), new piston and head gasket kit.

Your going to need to prolly get a HD clutch soon bro. That 88cc torque is going to stress the stock clutch. You may need a hi volume oil pump and you'll have the motor apart anyways when you install the 88 kit so better yet get the hi vol oil pump to save your top end a bit.

cheap and its cheap insurance. but you'll have to pull the clutch so mind as well replace the clutch and get the clutch nut tool too.
I will check out the clutch and yeah will be getting the oil pump for sure.