Finally got those circles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 12:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Finally got those circles!

Went out for a little fiddy ride the other night and decided I would work on some circle wheelies... Yeah, you all know trying to learn those damn circles is a pain in the ***. I have practiced them many times before, but I would always end up getting pissed off doing shitty half circles and give up.

Well, after about 3 hrs of constant practice my worn down, tired and dizzy *** finally got it down to 3-4 complete turns on my best runs....... I know for me, this has been the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to master on the bike. Can't remember anything else that got me so mad lately. So........they ain't perfect yet, and it takes alot to hold them together, but I got the basics down. I just need to polish them up now.

Here are some things that really helped me out. It may be different for you but this stuff really helped me:

Shift up the wheelie from 1st to 2nd while doing a very slow tight turn. If the bike instantly tries to sit back up and go straight when you lift up the front then you aren't starting the wheelie in a tight enough turn. (not enough lean)

Don't pull up the wheelie while riding in a straight line and then try and turn in. That's been my mistake for months. Turn and then wheelie. Always remember that rule......turn, then wheelie.

When you are starting the wheelie keep your upper body in line with the bike . Sit yo *** in the middle of the seat not to the side and keep your upper body at the same angle that bike is turning. This seems to make the bike turn in better initially than if you are keeping your upper body perpendicular with the ground. Of course once the bike starts to wheelie you can't just stay in this position...this just helps with the initial lift and to get things turning.

If your in mid-circle and you feel the bike trying to sit back up and go straight..throw out your leg to make it turn back in. If it is turning in too much lean your upper body to the outside. Body english is needed along with rear brake control to keep every thing balanced. Ya just gotta keep playing with it and you'll eventually get the feel.

Good luck
Old 04-29-2003, 01:30 PM

Wrecked_Ryder is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet!! nice write up bro.. circles are mos def on the agenda when the fiddy comes in..
Old 08-02-2003, 02:54 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
you just gotta practice and figure out what works for you..... personally.. I do almost everything opposite of what you say
Old 08-02-2003, 04:30 AM

BILL50 is an unknown quantity at this point
basically, just look far away and its alot easier.If you look at the ground in front of you its hard as hell.Plus you gotta have pimp skills. I can pull it up first then turn into a circle wheelie.It gets reall fun when you learn to throw in variations.