Old 11-30-2004, 05:00 PM

750minime is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do you guys wheelie your fiddy?

all you have to do is lean back.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:03 PM

BILL50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sillyneck
I tried to read all the post to see if anyone said this....but it looks like I'm the 1st. Clutch it up in any gear you want. No there's not a hand clutch but if you push down or pull up on the shifter (JUST A LITTLE NOT ENOUGH TO SHIFT IT) the clutch will disengage, bring the rpm's up a little then let go of the shifter. makes it effortless. you know you're a badass when you can clutch up a 3rd gear high chair with your hand! now get to work!

good post
Old 11-30-2004, 07:40 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sillyneck
you know you're a badass when you can clutch up a 3rd gear high chair with your hand! now get to work!

i tried that when i first got the 50 and everyone was talking head...thats impossible...show vid... the usually **** on here... i did it in second though and i couldnt ride it out very far.

so whats up with the circles...how do you do them on a stock 50. i think it would be easy if i threw a peg on the back but can anyone do them without the peg?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by star skrape 999
I guess thats what il be workin on tomrrow. I pulled a couple of LITTLE stoppies today

try high chairs, they are easier to roll and if you need to bail you just jump off and run
Old 11-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

I guess thats what il be workin on tomrrow. I pulled a couple of LITTLE stoppies today, and rode out some good 2nd gear whellies but my fookin arms are killing me. Hhahahahaha But i will definatly take your advice, and post some pics on what i come up with. Thanks again. :YEAH
Firtst time I've heard a fiddy noob complain about anything but his azz, good work
Old 11-30-2004, 08:05 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have a cage for a 50, or do you just not need them? I'd think it wouldn't take much.
By the way, I have a post in the wanted forum but I'll say it again. I'm looking for an older 50, 70, or 80 that I can get CHEAP from someone. I don't care if it's old and beat up as long as it runs fine, I need something small just so it will fit into the back of my hatchback with the seat down, so probably no bigger than an 80. I live in Brockton mass but I'm willing to go on a road trip if the price is right.
PM me or call the celly, 508 345 5784. Sorry if I'm not supposed to be posting here
Old 11-30-2004, 08:40 PM

jerr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

all about brake control
Old 12-01-2004, 12:21 AM

y0manda is an unknown quantity at this point

I wheelie up my street all day with my 2 year old in the front. thing is I'm in 1st my feet are off to the side, and i'm going up a small incline. downhills suck for me.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:14 AM

illr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
i tried that when i first got the 50 and everyone was talking head...thats impossible...show vid... the usually **** on here... i did it in second though and i couldnt ride it out very far.

so whats up with the circles...how do you do them on a stock 50. i think it would be easy if i threw a peg on the back but can anyone do them without the peg?
circles on the fiddy are easy once you get the hang of it. first you have to be able to steer your wheelies. do a wheelie in 1st and turn to the left. i think when i start to turn in i give it more gas from then on you need to play with the brake and throttle. if you lean in to far your gonna lowside so i try to stay more on top of the bike and if feels like your gonna highside stick your left leg out to help you keep balance. i like to keep both feet on the pegs, looks more pimp, that takes some practice though.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by y0manda
I wheelie up my street all day with my 2 year old in the front. thing is I'm in 1st my feet are off to the side, and i'm going up a small incline. downhills suck for me.

hell yeah mike. i do that too but i keep the feet on the pegs. i just pop it up and my son giggles like a little school girl
Old 12-01-2004, 01:49 PM

I my opinion, you dont need a cage. I dropped my **** aobut 4 or 5 times already, and got nothing but a couple of scratches. The only serious **** i did was to the rear fender, attempting a 12 with no bar. They are as tough as nails. Im sure a cage wouldnt hurt, but you doint really need it, AND it will prolly just get in the way of something or another. Just my

yeah you dont need a cage. all you need is some jb weld. ive dropped mine so many times its not even funny.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 PM

palmer5.9 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is very touchy and it takes quite a while to get used to it so be careful but I have found putting my weight as far back on the bike as possible allows smoother brake control and much more room for adjustment while doing a wheeelie you will get it all you have to do is practice practice practice. also check out the michigan 50 mafia those guys are really a lot of help.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:58 PM

speedemon10 is an unknown quantity at this point

50s are great wheelie machins you can go for every if u do it rite
Old 12-01-2004, 04:12 PM

gl0ryb0y is an unknown quantity at this point

all I can say is practice makes perfect..or close to it! Just keep trying and practice using that back brake. It will save your ***!
aloha
D
Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 PM

DarthTedd is an unknown quantity at this point

Practice x 1,000,000.00!

Before I had my fiddy I'd play around a bit on my buddies 50. I started out in 1st, leaned back, then gased it. The key is to lean back before the throttle revs up, otherwise your front tire won't come up.

Once I got my own 50 I started practicing in 2nd. I'd give it gas (it needs more in 2nd obviously), pull back on the bars and lean back, and cover the brake. At first I was so bad at covering the brake. I end up putting my feet down and standing up. In order to help me mentally I'd work on it in the grass in my front yard, pulling up and then hitting the brake hard to come back down. It helped me to realize how using the brake would keep me off my head.

Here in the last few weeks I've been trying to wheelie in first gear. It's a bit easier b/c I don't have to cover the brake as much (letting off the gas in first will bring you right down and it's not as "loose" as 2nd gear IMO). I've gotten better, but I still need to work on covering the break. Every know and again I still stand up on the bike instead of covering the brake.

Another thing to do if you can is get around buddies that know how to wheelie. I listen to the engine and watch my friends use the trottle and the break. This really helps me to understand the use of both. I've learned to feather the brake and give the bike gas almost at the same time. I've haven't felt it much but the sensation of hitting the balance point, the gas, and the brake simultaneously is addictive.

Keep in mind, I'm a huge rookie so I don't know much ... just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: How do you guys wheelie your fiddy?