Tank Denting O-town style

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Tank Denting O-town style

Originally Posted by scott3824
niner you read my mind .... i was just gonna pm ***** ... i need to get my new tank dented before paint ... gary and ***** have the hot **** - the only con i have noticed with my current deep rear dent is its hurt the look pf my spreaders a little
And the sharp edges hurt.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:33 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NINER
And the sharp edges hurt.
yeah i have had bruises on the back of my legs for the last 2 weeks
Old 07-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Also if you can describe how you dented it that would help a bunch. Foir example "i started by sinking the back of the gas cap and then rounding out the area behind the gas cap making sure to keep a nice lip in the back.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

i want to know how they got that smooth deep dent with no bondo
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Old 07-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by suicidl

How far is it from the back lip to the seat?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 PM

O-TownHoNdA is a decent person

Also if you can describe how you dented it that would help a bunch. Foir example "i started by sinking the back of the gas cap and then rounding out the area behind the gas cap making sure to keep a nice lip in the back.
thats pretty much exactly what i did, i stomp the top in first with my heels right behind the cap, square with the edges of the cap. then beat the creases out and finally fine tune the edges and lips to your preferences:YEAH
Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 PM

How far is it from the back lip to the seat?
your nuts rest on/in the tank
Old 07-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by O-TownHoNdA
nice cup for the *****
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Retired

thats pretty much exactly what i did, i stomp the top in first with my heels right behind the cap, square with the edges of the cap. then beat the creases out and finally fine tune the edges and lips to your preferences:YEAH
Sorry to be a retard but I don't want to **** up my new tank like the old one. So you jumped up and down on it to get a good shape, then tune the creases and lips with a dead blow?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 PM

nice cup for the *****
lol dont fo get to cup tha bawls:YEAH
Old 07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Retired

That low? Must help keep the ball busting to a minimum.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 PM

Sorry to be a retard but I don't want to **** up my new tank like the old one. So you jumped up and down on it to get a good shape, then tune the creases and lips with a dead blow?
yup yup. use a vortex gas cap with the cap and base on if you can itll help keep it from leaking in the future and it wont break like the stock ones
Old 07-11-2006, 11:52 PM

yup yup. use a vortex gas cap with the cap and base on if you can itll help keep it from leaking in the future and it wont break like the stock ones
exactly why i bought one ... did you dent it with a stock one in?

***** give us the run down on how you did yours
Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Retired

I got a broken gas cap I use for denting. I just duct tape over it so the pieces stay put.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

exactly why i bought one ... did you dent it with a stock one in?

***** give us the run down on how you did yours
gary does all the dents
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by suicidl
gary does all the dents
For real?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:01 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

For real?
yes he is jedi dent master
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Retired

I think I am going to make a Hybrid design. I like the Cup design a lot, but I think it will **** without DB bars.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:20 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

I think I am going to make a Hybrid design. I like the Cup design a lot, but I think it will **** without DB bars.
not at all. it is a well rounded dent that works with both clip ons and db bars. just go for it from the cap and work back to where you want it

Quick Reply: Tank Denting O-town style