Go-Pro wide on an rc helicopter at the spot

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 AM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Go-Pro wide on an rc helicopter at the spot

those things hard to fly? you can get some electric kits for 2-250 - have always wanted to get one to mess around with.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:28 AM

Skinny_J is a decent person

Thanks guys!!! that's the first I've ever heard of it being illegal to film from an rc chopper, However, I could see some instances where it could be a problem. Ill look it up but honestly I dont care, Ill keep shootin!! I wonder how many police actually know thats illegal!!
But anyways, yeah they're pretty hard to fly!!! I've been messing around with em on and off for the last 3 years, but honestly a simulator is the best way to learn!! I picked the heli in the video up for 149.00 at a local hobby shop. its a heli-max axe cp v3. The only issue with em is tail rotor motors burning out!! Mine burned out shortly after that video causing it to crash!!! luckily my camera wasnt on it cuz its out of it's case when on the chopper to save weight.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 AM

I also just tried to google "rc heli filming laws" and about every other term you can think of and couldnt pull up anything saying it was illegal, I actually found a few companies that specialize in rc heli filming!!
Me and a bunch of my mountain biker buddies had a guy film us on some dirt jumps with a huge rc heli with a hi def cam mounted on a tiltable/rotatable table, which was controlled by another guy who had live feed from the camera and full 360* control. it was pretty cool but we never saw any footage, but thats where I got the idea
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Coaster.B is a decent person

nice control!!! great find the view is sick
Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
DirtySouthStunters.com

Phillie Filler is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i tryed that with my nitro vibe 50 the sound on that is even louder haha. if you go to run ryder or heli freeks you can read up on that tail motor what u do is get a bigger motor just like u have use that one and wont burn up just will have to ajust your Gyro lock to heading hold. i use to fly those and also the eflight with those i used the heli max moter whitch is bigger then the eflight.. buy a 50 size heli was eazyer to setup everthing isnt mini. the 50 size birds are 100 times more stable no quick movements i can set my remote down for about 20 sec with no wind and the heli will just sit there and hover then start to do small circles with the little one coudnt take my eye off it with out it falling one way or another.. i fly almost full 3D can hover invert do tic tocs loops basic 3D auto rotate, cut grass.lol once u can hover your good like dude said buy simulator saves time building and money on parts.

use a electric 50 size heli. one reason why i stoped flying at the spot with mine was. wile up in the air with the bikes running around you you cant hear the heli well i was filming and my motor staled the clutch on the motor broke as they do with time well i didnt hear it so the heli about 75 to 100 foot up i saw my blaids stop well it was a falling rock at that point i started to down pitch to auto. well it came down abut 5 to 10 feet in fount of token it had a hard landing but i got it down safe with a 2 foot carbon blads spinning at 3000 rpm look out head hunter..
Old 08-04-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Phillie Filler
ya i tryed that with my nitro vibe 50 the sound on that is even louder haha. if you go to run ryder or heli freeks you can read up on that tail motor what u do is get a bigger motor just like u have use that one and wont burn up just will have to ajust your Gyro lock to heading hold. i use to fly those and also the eflight with those i used the heli max moter whitch is bigger then the eflight.. buy a 50 size heli was eazyer to setup everthing isnt mini. the 50 size birds are 100 times more stable no quick movements i can set my remote down for about 20 sec with no wind and the heli will just sit there and hover then start to do small circles with the little one coudnt take my eye off it with out it falling one way or another.. i fly almost full 3D can hover invert do tic tocs loops basic 3D auto rotate, cut grass.lol once u can hover your good like dude said buy simulator saves time building and money on parts.

use a electric 50 size heli. one reason why i stoped flying at the spot with mine was. wile up in the air with the bikes running around you you cant hear the heli well i was filming and my motor staled the clutch on the motor broke as they do with time well i didnt hear it so the heli about 75 to 100 foot up i saw my blaids stop well it was a falling rock at that point i started to down pitch to auto. well it came down abut 5 to 10 feet in fount of token it had a hard landing but i got it down safe with a 2 foot carbon blads spinning at 3000 rpm look out head hunter..

Sounds like you've flown a few more helis than me, I was considering a nitro chopper a long time ago but its just not worth the mess/stalling/ etc. the electric ones are the way to go now!!! I think I'm gonna order a trex 500 next paycheck, just the kit, and and build it up over the next few months. they're tried and true and with electric you dont have to worry about stalling near as much, luckily they have a battery protection circuit which gives you just enough power to get back on the ground!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 PM

ryan711 is a decent person

id love to see you do that at night with the head lights on bet that would be sick