Learning circles, any tips? Funny crash too!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:11 AM

DerekMey is a decent person
Re: Learning circles, any tips? Funny crash too!

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
and actualy after watchign some videos jsut now alot of people do the opposite of what you said CIX JJ. they turn there wheel the opposite way of their circle. for example this vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3DhRQu70A&feature=related
Good vid...Anyone know how he did at StuntWars 2008????? Saw him practicing, but don't know how he did
Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FreezeSBFreaks
lean to the left more? and pull toward ur left shoulder maybe
if he was doing right that would be good advice, but for lefts you need to do just the oppisite. your doing good beto, the initial dip-in is the hardest part and you got that down real good,now you need to keep the front end high. for me it was alot easier to learn with low idle and lots of gas.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
if he was doing right that would be good advice, but for lefts you need to do just the oppisite. your doing good beto, the initial dip-in is the hardest part and you got that down real good,now you need to keep the front end high. for me it was alot easier to learn with low idle and lots of gas.

im guessing you learned SS first?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 AM
AZ's Finest!

Originally Posted by Vetter
im guessing you learned SS first?
yep.......
Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking good beto you're starting to get it! I see you've got some pretty good clutch control too, that will help you out huge in the circle department! Everbody learns different but you just gotta stay on top of the bike and let it move around underneath you like the rest of the guys said. Definately practice circles in different positions on the bike... you'll find what works best for you.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

yeah just like tanus said. for learning SS Os.. try running a lower idle and gassing them. for staggerd or FIB Os... id use idle. thats how i learned em.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

wow didnt think this many peeps would help out

thanks everyone, I hope to improve on this **** ASAP, I am decent on idle I can do no handers all the time, but yeah staying on top of the bike is the hard part. I lean super hard all the time
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM

CIX J.J. is a decent person

Yeah, but that is when they actually get goin, and the bike is in the circle. When you hae the bike dipped in and in the rythym of the circle the bars will be turned out to counteract and get it really rollin.

I was referring more to when he is tryin to start the circle, and when you're rollin straight and then turn the bars it'll dip in. I just shift my weight now, but when I was trying to learn, this little tid bit helped.

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
and actualy after watchign some videos jsut now alot of people do the opposite of what you said CIX JJ. they turn there wheel the opposite way of their circle. for example this vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gh3DhRQu70A&feature=related
Old 02-11-2008, 02:23 PM

CIX J.J. is a decent person

If you douchebags would actually watch the video instead of thinking I'm wrong the entire time you would see that I'm right. At the beginning of EVERY circle he does in this video he turns the bars in, then when it dips the bars get turned toward the out side of the circle, which is exactly the way I explained it.

Especially watch the highchair circles! The bars are turned left, almost to lock, as he's tryin to enter the circle, then they straighten up and he uses the bars to steer the circle.

Welcome to stuntlife, where squids think other guys are squids.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i promise you guys that which way the bars are turned doesnt really make a difference. if it wasnt so god damned cold today id go take some vid of me doing circles with the bars turned both ways. its more in your feet than you realize. if this debate is still goin on this weekend ill show you.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:49 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

On the first few with the higher idle you just need to crank your bars and push the bike into the circle.

You're also being rough with the brake.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i promise you guys that which way the bars are turned doesnt really make a difference. if it wasnt so god damned cold today id go take some vid of me doing circles with the bars turned both ways. its more in your feet than you realize. if this debate is still goin on this weekend ill show you.
It definitely makes a difference in a circle. You just adjust your body to compensate.

With seat stander circles, your body position can affect the circle more (I'd say mostly due to distance from the bike, lets your weight move the bike around more), but with foot on seat/staggered/fib, you have to use the bars more since your body can't maneuver it as much.

Last edited by inolen; 02-11-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:49 PM
AZ's Finest!

Originally Posted by CIX J.J.
If you douchebags would actually watch the video instead of thinking I'm wrong the entire time you would see that I'm right. At the beginning of EVERY circle he does in this video he turns the bars in, then when it dips the bars get turned toward the out side of the circle, which is exactly the way I explained it.
your not right or wrong, different people have different techniques. I personally turn them out to dip in,then straighten em up once its going
Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
your not right or wrong, different people have different techniques. I personally turn them out to dip in,then straighten em up once its going
+1. its not a right or wrong thing. i just see alot more riders doing it our way.

a guy from here does them the opposite way too. they're seat stander 0s tho.