manuver, and variation advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 04:21 AM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person
Re: manuver, and variation advice.

Originally Posted by nags
Why do you have to master coasters to do no handers?
wtf
Old 11-19-2006, 04:21 AM

J-cheezy is a decent person

yes keep your right foot covering the rear brake what im doin the picture kind of needs the help of a handbrake
Old 11-19-2006, 04:22 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Why do you have to master coasters to do no handers?
**** i dunno... dont you have to coast the wheelie to do it???

i've never seen anyone do a no hander.....well without them being on a idle coaster.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:23 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

idle coaster? I think you're confused about several tricks
Old 11-19-2006, 04:23 AM

no handers.....?

I think what he is trying to say is get your set downs on ide and were your not haveing to give the bike any gas to keep it up and your only relying on the foot brake and once you get that try taking you hands off of the controls
Old 11-19-2006, 04:27 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

idle coaster? I think you're confused about several tricks
Originally Posted by J-cheezy
I think what he is trying to say is get your set downs on ide and were your not haveing to give the bike any gas to keep it up and your only relying on the foot brake and once you get that try taking you hands off of the controls

that is exactly what i mean....

i guess i wassnt relaying it right. i am not running a higher idle, so that is what i was meaning by coaster... because on my bike it would be like a coaster. i probably should have mentioned that, sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:36 AM

its cool man glad I could be of any help to you
Old 11-19-2006, 04:37 AM

oh ****, i just noticed this thread is in stunt video and reviews....

i swore i started this thread in stunt discussion...

did it get moved??
Old 11-19-2006, 04:42 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

No you put it here, post a video of you ridin a nice smooth wheelie
Old 11-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

its all practice time.

its hb time or no hander/coaster time. get good on that footbrake.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:09 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vetter
its hb time or no hander/coaster time. get good on that footbrake.
I disagree. U still got a while to go before even thinking about handbrake.

U need to get the bike turning left/right under you first unless you want to crash a LOT.--And by turning, i mean left/right adjustments NOT circles.

Dont just jump into no-handers on day one. Here's what I reccommend and I'm sure 99% of people will agree:

Start off with no clutch hand. U should be able to go around an entire lot with one hand on the gas only.

Once u feel comfortable with that, turn your idle up a little and take only your throttle hand off while working the brake with your foot. Ride around with no throttle hand all day long.

Once your good with that, keep idle up, take clutch hand off, grab the nose of your bike/ram air duct/anything that is solid near your upper fairing-and then take your throttle hand off. Once you get good with those, take your throttle hand off, grab a fairing and let go with your clutch hand. Are you catching the idea yet?

Once you get good, and i mean REAL GOOD with all those mentioned above, work on no handers. Idle up, clutch it up, rest your chest on the triple/tank, then let go completely both hands at the same time. Everything ties in together like a puzzle they get really easy after you practice a LOT.

Good luck and have fun because you will! :YEAH

Last edited by Armenian; 11-19-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Armenian
I disagree. U still got a while to go before even thinking about handbrake.

U need to get the bike turning left/right under you first unless you want to crash a LOT.--And by turning, i mean left/right adjustments NOT circles.

Dont just jump into no-handers on day one. Here's what I reccommend and I'm sure 99% of people will agree:

Start off with no clutch hand. U should be able to go around an entire lot with one hand on the gas only.

Once u feel comfortable with that, turn your idle up a little and take only your throttle hand off while working the brake with your foot. Ride around with no throttle hand all day long.

Once your good with that, keep idle up, take clutch hand off, grab the nose of your bike/ram air duct/anything that is solid near your upper fairing-and then take your throttle hand off. Once you get good with those, take your throttle hand off, grab a fairing and let go with your clutch hand. Are you catching the idea yet?

Once you get good, and i mean REAL GOOD with all those mentioned above, work on no handers. Idle up, clutch it up, rest your chest on the triple/tank, then let go completely both hands at the same time. Everything ties in together like a puzzle they get really easy after you practice a LOT.

Good luck and have fun because you will! :YEAH

that makes alot of sense.... i will try that, because one of my missions is to get very smooth.

give me some advice on my body position..... i find my self hanging on rather hard, sometimes it feels uncomfortable..... but yeasterday, since i was going hella slow... i started to stand closer to the front fairing. a couple of times i had the bike almost stalled out(1st gear), and i had to touch my chest to the windscreen. bike started moving left to right like it was gonna fall over, so i was playinh with balance all day.

1 of my main setback that migh keep me from practicing in a lot, is that i like to slow it down from about 20... so i am tryin to get it up from a standstill, and maybe only gain 10mph at most, maybe when i get that i will start with what you are telling me.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:03 PM

http://www.vidiLife.com/video_play_8....htm?tc=175951
Old 11-19-2006, 08:11 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

put your idle up so that the bike goes about 10mph with no gas. then work on being able to wheelie without using any throttle input, but keep your hands on the clip ons for now. once you got that, coasters will be easy. then you can start doing no handers and start with circles.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by StreetJurisdiction
put your idle up so that the bike goes about 10mph with no gas. then work on being able to wheelie without using any throttle input, but keep your hands on the clip ons for now. once you got that, coasters will be easy. then you can start doing no handers and start with circles.

ok fasho... i was thinking about doing something like that, so i will go raise the idle tomorrow...

waddayathing, 3200rpm?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM

depends on your gearing...
Old 11-19-2006, 10:25 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

3200 is very high
Old 11-19-2006, 10:27 PM

if roger was at 3200 he might stall...
Old 11-19-2006, 10:28 PM

seriously though, i keep it at 3000 in neutral with +10 gearing. i think it puts me around a 10mph idle cruise
Old 11-19-2006, 10:29 PM

if your stock geared, 2k-2.5k is probably good enough.

Quick Reply: manuver, and variation advice.