Stuntshine State = Joke

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:14 PM

Lukas is a decent person
Re: Stuntshine State = Joke

Well, if a DVD is supposed to have alot of talking in it, trailer should show it aswell, stuntshinestate trailer didnt. I see it like that, some crews make the best ****ing trailers ever! They spent like lets say 50 h on 3 min long clip...and then in next 50h they make a full dvd...lately i have been really carefull with buying dvds, i really dont want to sepnd 25 bucks on something that i will watch ONCE Thats why i always wait what people say about the movie.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

rock the 40oz.

cant wait.

as for SSS good marketing. good dvd.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:29 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robbcayman
So, I ordered and received the stuntshine state dvd, and it was one of the worst stunt videos I have ever seen. The whole video is mainly just the riders describing their other friends. Seriously, 75% of the video was just these kids talking about their other friend riders!!

I was so bored I almost turned it off several times, but I waited until the end thinking surely this will get better. A future note to those making dvd's, most don't care what you think about your other friends. I just wanted to see a good stunting video and all I got was this piece of crap. Not to say there weren't good riders in it, just way too much talking about nothing!! I'm not trying to be rude, but I feel that I got ripped off. I watched the trailer and thought this was going to be sick, boy was I surprised.

stop being alittle bit*h 20 bucks is just 20 bucks
Old 10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DBoy
+1
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 PM

robbcayman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DBoy
It's not about the $20 it's about the principle of being mislead. Now, had the trailer shown all this interviewing and not much riding I would not have bought it. It's not the end of the world, I was just hoping to give them some constructive criticism for their next film. I've learned my lesson and I won't be buying any more dvd's just based on the trailers. Sorry for my griping I just had to get this off my chest.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM

JUST_PRODUCING is an unknown quantity at this point

the point of SSS was to get to know the riders kinda like the mtv true life, there was barely any riding on the mtv true life and i still loved it, so i figured i would take some really sick riding and add in some interviews kinda like true life, some people liked the film and i guess others didnt, the guy who started this post can send me the dvd back and ill refund his money, as for OTOWN THROW DOWN, this is an entirely different film, not alot of talking just nasty nasty nasty riding, all my films will be different in the future, i would never make two movies alike.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:39 PM

PETe P is a decent person

Originally Posted by JUST_PRODUCING
the point of SSS was to get to know the riders kinda like the mtv true life, there was barely any riding on the mtv true life and i still loved it, so i figured i would take some really sick riding and add in some interviews kinda like true life, some people liked the film and i guess others didnt, the guy who started this post can send me the dvd back and ill refund his money, as for OTOWN THROW DOWN, this is an entirely different film, not alot of talking just nasty nasty nasty riding, all my films will be different in the future, i would never make two movies alike.
sorry i havn't seen it yet but, wasn't your purpose to make it a quisi documentary of "unknown riders" and of course big names? i gotta get me a copie. If dude send you his back can you send it up to me i'll send ya postage!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:54 PM

robbcayman is an unknown quantity at this point

PM sent
Old 10-09-2006, 03:59 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not about the $20 it's about the principle of being mislead. Now, had the trailer shown all this interviewing and not much riding I would not have bought it. It's not the end of the world, I was just hoping to give them some constructive criticism for their next film. I've learned my lesson and I won't be buying any more dvd's just based on the trailers. Sorry for my griping I just had to get this off my chest.

HOW DID YOU GET MISLEAD EVERYTHING YOU SAW IN THE TRAILER WAS IN THE MOVIE THAT MOVIES WAS MADE PURPOSFULLY WITH NO STREETS TO TRY TO TAKE THE SPORT UP ANOTHER NOTCH GOOD WORK MIKE
AND BY THE WAY THERE IS TALK OF STUT SHINE STREETS COMING OUT WHERE YOU WILL GET YOUR STREET FOOTAGE
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 PM

Lunchbox- is an unknown quantity at this point

PM sent

DONT SEND THAT MOVIE BACK ITS 20 DOLLARS AND SOMETHING DIFFRENT TO WATCH
Old 10-09-2006, 04:06 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

I think they did it right by interviewing everyone and not just puting out another just stunting video.... And by not killing the streets the might suffer with some sales a lil bit on this D.V.D. cause everyone likes streets but it will bring the sport in the right direction!!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

thats why u convince your friend to buy stunt dvd's then make "back up" copies to keep in your safe keeping if they ever "ruined" theres
Old 10-09-2006, 04:50 PM

I was just hoping to give them some constructive criticism for their next film.
u name this theard, Stuntshine State = Joke...... = contructive criticism.......................
Old 10-09-2006, 04:50 PM

celgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud of

what a squid........ so when your first video comes out representing your crew/state.... ill put money on youll have an interview, so people can see that ugly mug of yours......... and the only reason u had to turn it off because u just relized how big of a squid u r... and ur powerwheelies.....
Old 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM

JHooD231 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the DVD was tight...Ive watched it almost evryday since I bought it...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by celgsxr
what a squid........ so when your first video comes out representing your crew/state.... ill put money on youll have an interview, so people can see that ugly mug of yours......... and the only reason u had to turn it off because u just relized how big of a squid u r... and ur powerwheelies.....
i can almost hear u screaming that as ur writting it
Old 10-09-2006, 05:10 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by celgsxr
yeah, well i think YOU'RE a squid... so there. And if you make a dvd... guess what... I'm not going to buy it!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 05:18 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

i agree it was kinda boring if your not into that kinda thing, there was no street footage, nothing shocking, and nothing crazy innovative. i agree the riders were talented, but not exciting on that level in this video.

it was fun at the premire, we had some good times, and it was mike's first dvd. consider it a learning experience. they have no choice but to do it hot next time, they called out todd on jd4. so they have to compete with that. so lets wait and see what the next round of pollard videos holds.

so hold judgment until you get a full taste of what hes got going on, good talent will lead to good videos.

mike do what you gotta do bro, you know where to find me for some street ****!

Last edited by ruthlessriding; 10-09-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:25 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

as for the rest of you guys, damn chill with the defensivness.

he didnt like the video, so.....

he'll give mike his opinion, and thats that. no need to jump on him.

i doubt this guy had any malicious intentions when he started this thread. maybe it just came out wrong. ease up of the guy.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Back on the attack.

Ruffneck Films is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a good idea. I liked the film. There are too many films out there that are just made up of clip after clip after clip and have no real depth to them. Its good to get some kind of background to the riders involved. The problem is that people have different tastes and you ain`t gonna please everyone with the style of film or style of music. Everyone has their own opinion.

Quick Reply: Stuntshine State = Joke