The extremes of the armed services

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 10:19 PM

c.fagan is an unknown quantity at this point
The extremes of the armed services

A Navy S.E.A.L. is dropped behind enemy lines at midnight in foul weather and says " I love this ****! " An Army Ranger is penetrating an enemy stronghold and says " I need this ****! " A Marine is storming a beach head with fifty foot swells and says " I can't get enogh of this ****! " An Air Force Staff Sergant is sitting in his air conditioned office and when his cable t.v. goes out he says " What's up with this ****!? "
Old 10-28-2003, 10:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Darkmind is a decent person
Old 10-28-2003, 10:36 PM

150grl is a decent person
Old 10-29-2003, 12:05 AM

LifeguardMeg is an unknown quantity at this point
lmao oh so appropriate
Old 10-29-2003, 12:22 AM

covertwar is a decent person
funny, but the air force got special operators too; combat control, pararescue, combat weather
Old 10-29-2003, 08:12 AM

Division1 Splat is an unknown quantity at this point
do you realize you just said combat weather.....when the marines have T.W.A.T (tactical weather assualt team)....and that is very true bc we were on an airforce base in kuwait b4 we went into iraq and let me tell you....if i would have joined the plush life i would have joined the air force
Old 10-29-2003, 08:13 AM

oh yeah and your spec ops aint ****..i have worked with them...but as far as para rescue (who i also worked with) they get mad props.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:47 PM

LifeguardMeg is an unknown quantity at this point
The Air Force commercials need to be banned from TV.. thats my 2 cents lol....they bug me....
Old 10-29-2003, 08:16 PM

c.fagan is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually am in the Air Force. I know full well about para rescue , combat control. What I do is just as dangerous though, I am a fuel systems mechanic on C-130 Hercules. Gotta have some guts and stupidity for that job.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:35 PM

A lot of AFSC's in the Air Force aren't as cushy to live up to the stereotype. Like EOD, SERE, any maintenance job is serious and has long hours, and they say security forces is a bitch and fuels.

The AF's spec ops ain't ****? huh? You give props to Pararescue but not to Combat Control? The pipeline for the two are almost identical, just substitute the Paramedic courses for ATC. What the hell is the difference? :confused

And I tend to believe that Combat Weather is elite in itself, they provide a vital role to Army Airborne units. We have a small weather flight with Combat Weather assigned at our ANG unit in Pittsburgh.

I'm joining just for Pararescue, and it is harder to get into than the Marines, believe me, I have been the other route.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:57 PM

shatteredbones is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that all the branches of the military get props for being dumb enough to sign up. ( like me ) My AFSC in every branch just about does the samething. Except for Marines. For some reason their ARFF truck has a hatch to shoot out of. Firefighters know what I'm talking about. By the way I'm Air Force too.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:22 PM

Every branch has its own unique mission and specialty, and all troops are specifically there to support the mission of their respective service.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by covertwar
funny, but the air force got special operators too; combat control, pararescue, combat weather
in the navy we call them s.a.r search and rescue
Old 10-29-2003, 11:12 PM

SAR don't do HALO, they don't train for SERE, they don't go through combat diver school and they def don't do mountain extraction and extended drawn out life support/field security
Old 10-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point
we have guys in whidbey that do moutain extraction. we also have combat sar that work right along with the seals.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:11 AM

DAFBFD58 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess a button and a switch for a roof turrett on a P-19 is too complicated for the USMC. I know what you are talking about bones, was in tech school with some marines and well I had to teach these guys everything. these guys were full of rocks. But hey I give them props for doing what they do besides the fire fighting.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:08 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person
Hey Pal! I spent 10 months in 29 Palms studying circuitry and signal flow for the TRC-170 radio. Let’s see you troubleshoot a fault in a radio you have to climb into to service. And for "full of rocks", you can fu*k off, I bet my GT and EL scores blow your line scores out of the water! I bet $100 your scores barely reach 100 vs. my 130s. I'm sick of the Marine Corps getting trashed on for being dumb. EVERY service has their members that barely pass the ASVAB, and EVERY service has their geniuses at the same time. You disgust me for your generalizing of an entire branch of service. You know nothing of the Marine Corps, and until you do some research on something you plan on bashing, shut the fu*k up.

Semper Fi -Baer
Old 10-30-2003, 07:44 AM

all i have to say is that the air force 'aint ****'....i have worked with eod in iraq (army, marines, air force)..i also have worked with rangers, delta force, seals and para rescue...and we blow all those elite crews out the water in the marine corps with recon!

as for the dumba$$ that is talking about weather...well let me tell you right now its over cast...amazing if you look at the sky you can tell the weather. they aint **** bc there title says combat weather.

do you realize that all the services cross train there elite crews but that i have rarelly seen any thing but marines on a mrine base for sotg training!!! (spec ops training group)
Old 11-01-2003, 05:27 PM

Timmy J is an unknown quantity at this point
I worked alot of joint missions when I was in Air Force Combat Comms. The way I look at it is, we were all in a shithole location, we all wore BDU's , wore Kevlar helmets and vests, same shitty chow. Only difference I saw was that I had strips on my sleeves instead of on my collar. And believe it or not, we all got along well. None of that We are smarter, or are living better bullshit.

Timmy J
Former Air Force SSgt
Old 11-01-2003, 06:10 PM

aren't we on the same team gentlemen?

SpLat try going through the Pararescue Indoctrination Course and tell me it was easy if you get through that is...

Quick Reply: The extremes of the armed services