Re: Upstate NY stunt show-Stuntrageous

yates my father rides a goldwing he joked around about that LOL
Old 04-21-2004, 03:34 PM

psyclefool is an unknown quantity at this point

The weekend that Americade finishes on always has the highest sportbike

attendance as far as I have seen. Lots of rideing groups and the weekend

warriors out looking for fun. Anybody got a goldwing they don't want anymore

I'll stunt it into the ground, or at least break something trying...
Old 04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

yo Yates,

what happened to PRO INDIVIDUAL FREESTYLE????

i see mad loot being thrown at circle wheelie and longest coaster, but no dough at one of the more entertaining events???

hit me up and lemme know whats happening...i wanna go, but not to ride around in circles!! lol

Teach

ps. the info i read may have been out of date, i know you were working on the new setup...
Old 04-30-2004, 03:03 PM

YATES is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
yo Yates,

what happened to PRO INDIVIDUAL FREESTYLE????

i see mad loot being thrown at circle wheelie and longest coaster, but no dough at one of the more entertaining events???

hit me up and lemme know whats happening...i wanna go, but not to ride around in circles!! lol

Teach

ps. the info i read may have been out of date, i know you were working on the new setup...

Teach, I tried to call you the other day and I either have the wrong number or one from an old phone......anway, things are changing dramatically again, the website designer has been in Germany so updates couldn't be made.

Anyway, do me a favor and make a list of comps YOU would like to see, anyone else that wants to add their $.02 it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Gas'er!!

circle comp is dumb and boring in my opinion....everyone can do them, and many can do ONLY circles...

freestyle or TIMED endo is great, or at least long endo (dunno the surface)

team freestyle obviously

indiv freestyle---to attract the BEST all around riders in the country...

burnout comp???

longest coaster is cool, maybe a limited starting run and no idles or revving....

freestyle is a must...it is not boring and incorporat4es EVERYTHING, so those cats who got only circles and only endoes are out....in my opinion, team and indiv freestyle should be where the BIG payouts are, not the boring stuff that many, many riders have virtually perfected.

if you wanna attract the best riders, you have to offer the money in the comp that allows the best riders to display ALL the skills that makes them the best riders in the country...

my 3 cents....i'll pm you my number this week...

teach
Old 05-02-2004, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
circle comp is dumb and boring in my opinion....everyone can do them, and many can do ONLY circles...

freestyle or TIMED endo is great, or at least long endo (dunno the surface)

team freestyle obviously

indiv freestyle---to attract the BEST all around riders in the country...

burnout comp???

longest coaster is cool, maybe a limited starting run and no idles or revving....

freestyle is a must...it is not boring and incorporat4es EVERYTHING, so those cats who got only circles and only endoes are out....in my opinion, team and indiv freestyle should be where the BIG payouts are, not the boring stuff that many, many riders have virtually perfected.

if you wanna attract the best riders, you have to offer the money in the comp that allows the best riders to display ALL the skills that makes them the best riders in the country...

my 3 cents....i'll pm you my number this week...

teach
I agree with the individual and team freetsyle, they will def be in the comp. Circle wheelie I thought would be a fun event, somehow it got lost going on the site, what I had in mind for that was a winner take all purse, just for for the fun of it.

I didn't think anyone was into burnout comps anymore, I figured that would go down in the "indivdual or team freestyle" run, but if you think its important we'll find room.

I was thinking of a limited run longest endo, but some want all out, any opinions?

I was thinking the same for coaster, but once the sides are split--any opinions on which works best?

Should we drop sickest trick in favor of Individual Freetsyle?

I appreciate your thoughts, I want to make sure this event works for everyone, each riders input will get us that much more to work with!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Gas'er!!

pm to be sent with number after i finish this email.

burnout: whatever, i dont care....you are prolly right about it being displayed in the freestyle

sick trick: too many different variations of rules....and hardlly anyone busts out a sick trick in one try anymore....

limited run: i like htis for coasters and endos....if no one can agree, do TIMED endo-good for the crowd bc it promotes pushing for that last half a second, which often results ina crash...

whatever though, unlimited run for endo and coaster is fine as long as there is the room, but IMHO the skill is shown better with the limited takeoff....

one other point::::::: the number of runs should be taken into consideration as well, as in ONE try per, not ten tries to get one long one.....being the best has a lot to do with consistency...

INDIVIDUAL FREESTYLE WILL ATTRACT THE BEST RIDERS IN THE NATION IF THERE IS MONEY INVOLVED!!! more than circle wheelies...how many riders out there can do 20+ cirlces???prolly quite a few, and how booooooring is that going to be, when the 18th person is trying to win the g note????

ditch circle wheelie and add the loot to indiv or team freestyle.....one discipline riders are garbage!!! lol jk, if this is you, don't take me too seriously, i just prefer more recognition for the all around great riders...

teach
Old 05-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Gas'er!!

o, cleveland, forgot to clal, will call this week
Old 05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought this belonged here so people are making plans for the wrong weekend...

Throttleboy wrote on April 28th...

All,
StuntRageous Freestyle Competition & Show has been put on hold until mid September pending a new location. The conditions at our current location have become unusable for professional competition.
At this time we are negotiating with another location for use of their facilities which will prove to be far more superior and will allow the event to be much larger.

Please keep checking the StuntRageous website for updates.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 99TILLER
Just thought this belonged here so people are making plans for the wrong weekend...

Throttleboy wrote on April 28th...

All,
StuntRageous Freestyle Competition & Show has been put on hold until mid September pending a new location. The conditions at our current location have become unusable for professional competition.
At this time we are negotiating with another location for use of their facilities which will prove to be far more superior and will allow the event to be much larger.

Please keep checking the StuntRageous website for updates.

We were actually waiting to the end of this week to make a decison. This is where we stand. The location that was originally choosen was an airfield--non-FAA regulated----anyway, due to the amount of snow and ice we had this winter, the daily plowing did signifigant amounts of damage to the area we had choosen to use. When we came on as a consaltant for the event, alot changed including the pro comps that are involved. These comps obviously take more room than a "stunt show" and the amatuer events originally scheduled for the weekend. We have also added more vendors, freestyle motorcross, etc etc.

The event is not offically post poned as of today, as we are in discussions with the property owner to have some of the surface re-paved. As of today there is over 600 feet of fresh pavment and the rest of the 2400 is fairly chewed up. The decision we have to make is wether to post-pone the event untill fall and use our second choice location, which is better and bigger but the schedule is unavailable until later in the summer, or, change some of the events at the airport to make use of the good pavement we have. We will have offical word on all of this by the end of the week. Sorry for the inconvience this will obviously cause, but we are currently working out the best solution for everyone involved.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:24 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by YATES
We were actually waiting to the end of this week to make a decison. This is where we stand. The location that was originally choosen was an airfield--non-FAA regulated----anyway, due to the amount of snow and ice we had this winter, the daily plowing did signifigant amounts of damage to the area we had choosen to use. When we came on as a consaltant for the event, alot changed including the pro comps that are involved. These comps obviously take more room than a "stunt show" and the amatuer events originally scheduled for the weekend. We have also added more vendors, freestyle motorcross, etc etc.

The event is not offically post poned as of today, as we are in discussions with the property owner to have some of the surface re-paved. As of today there is over 600 feet of fresh pavment and the rest of the 2400 is fairly chewed up. The decision we have to make is wether to post-pone the event untill fall and use our second choice location, which is better and bigger but the schedule is unavailable until later in the summer, or, change some of the events at the airport to make use of the good pavement we have. We will have offical word on all of this by the end of the week. Sorry for the inconvience this will obviously cause, but we are currently working out the best solution for everyone involved.

Torn up from snow plows??? common it cant be that bad, we've done shows on pavement thats rougher than a gravel road. anyways keep me posted If we know we have the weekend avail we can schedule other shows.

hit me up
Old 05-04-2004, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by verticaljay
Torn up from snow plows??? common it cant be that bad, we've done shows on pavement thats rougher than a gravel road. anyways keep me posted If we know we have the weekend avail we can schedule other shows.

hit me up

The only events I think we couldn't run would be longest endo and coaster. I rode the landing strip and its less than ideal, but somewhat workable--lol---its where the plows caught the frost heaves that are bad----we will let everyone know asap
Old 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Gas'er!!

you could still run longest endo, but from a limited run...600 feet of nice pavement is plenty to roll on the front wheel with a limited start...same with coaster, the bumps would actually make it interesting (not for stoppies though, endoing on bumps is not smart)....freestyle obviously would be cool...maybe something like best 180 endo (or most degrees turned without putting foot down), or timed endo, or target endo...

keep us posted cracka!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:52 PM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with teach, make the biggest payout on the indiv and team, b/c im not that great of a stunter yet and i almost got circles down
Old 05-04-2004, 02:37 PM

We are doing everything in our power to make this happen during the current dates. We have some meeting's on Friday and will have a yes/no by then.

As of right now:

We will be downsizing the June event to just be a competition only, with every penny going back to the competitors. The events will be restructered to fit the venue and the riders opinions I have been hearing.

A second event will happen later in the year with more involved to make it a great competiton weekend as well as a cool event to attend, with even higher payouts. More details on that as we have indepth information

Everyone stay tuned--sorry again for the inconvience
Old 05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Gas'er!!

sounds awesome...way to work with what you got!!! 2 is better than 1!!!!

keep us posted, i've already got it in the schedule to be there...
Old 05-05-2004, 01:03 PM

Mogwai will become famous soon enough

Will you be contacting the stunt teams that are already involved to let them know the changes?
Old 05-05-2004, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mogwai
Will you be contacting the stunt teams that are already involved to let them know the changes?

Frank Jung would be the contact for the teams that will be performing, I am in charge of the competiton end of it.

Quick Reply: Upstate NY stunt show-Stuntrageous