XtreemeMotorsports.com Upstate NY

20 miles on a 50

Old 02-21-2004, 04:12 PM

YATES is an unknown quantity at this point
20 miles on a 50

Well Stevie and I went on an adventure of epic proportions today---we rode from my house to mayfield lake, around mayfield and back on the 50's. The trails we soft and rough from the sleds and it was one hell of a work out, we only had one collision and no broken bones!!! I have offically decided its time to upgrade to at least an 81cc kit like stevie has, and I really need to do suspension! I even blew a tube and had to ride the rim for almost 1 mile-----but when its all said and done----I still love these tiny little bikes!!!!! I have had mine longer than most and put it through its paces' and never had a problem, in fact in 3 years I only had to put a rear tire on, a couple of rear tubes, and new handle bars-----why can't every vehicle I buy stand up to my abuse like that!!!

If Honda only new the 2.5 hourse power could provide so much entertainment
Old 02-21-2004, 04:57 PM

Ridercrazy4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 20 miles on a 50

that is pimp yo
Old 02-21-2004, 05:01 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Don't waste your time with the 81cc kit.. go for the 88
Old 02-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

hell go for the 107 lol...

those kits r sick..im a stock fiddy guy myself.....dont jump much just like screwing around, trying new **** so...but for racing jumping, kits suspension, its pimp......
Old 02-21-2004, 05:25 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

stock motor for me with lots of little tweaks..I hang with 88's without a problem
Old 02-22-2004, 01:20 AM

I am hoping for an 88 kit at least, I am pretty big for that 50 so I want the best power I can get from it. I really just need it to rev a little better in this snow!!!! Anyone know of which kit to get???
Old 02-22-2004, 03:21 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Get the kit from the guy on this site.. $275 for the full kit with cam and carb..no one can touch that price..and if anyone can let me know.

tell him i sent ya.
his name is Fab5Fiddy..pm him
Old 02-22-2004, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by R6bbie
Get the kit from the guy on this site.. $275 for the full kit with cam and carb..no one can touch that price..and if anyone can let me know.

tell him i sent ya.
his name is Fab5Fiddy..pm him
He's probably just selling this one;

http://www.hondatrailbikes.com/catal...roducts_id=171
Old 02-22-2004, 10:36 AM

What do you guys think about manual clutch kits?
Old 02-22-2004, 12:49 PM

slinky750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by YATES
Well Stevie and I went on an adventure of epic proportions today---we rode from my house to mayfield lake, around mayfield and back on the 50's. The trails we soft and rough from the sleds and it was one hell of a work out, we only had one collision and no broken bones!!! I have offically decided its time to upgrade to at least an 81cc kit like stevie has, and I really need to do suspension! I even blew a tube and had to ride the rim for almost 1 mile-----but when its all said and done----I still love these tiny little bikes!!!!! I have had mine longer than most and put it through its paces' and never had a problem, in fact in 3 years I only had to put a rear tire on, a couple of rear tubes, and new handle bars-----why can't every vehicle I buy stand up to my abuse like that!!!

If Honda only new the 2.5 hourse power could provide so much entertainment
when did stevie get a 50?......sounds like you guys had a blast!!....i think we're going 4wheelin today..if we can get brents truck done.....hope you were wearin a helmet cam for the whole 20 miles!! lol....get the 88....you'll need all of it to carry your *** around
Old 02-22-2004, 01:26 PM

I've never rode one with a manual clutch.. I wouldn't want one for myself... it kinda takes away from what a 50 is,,.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by nags
I've never rode one with a manual clutch.. I wouldn't want one for myself... it kinda takes away from what a 50 is,,.
Very true, but so does making a 50 an 88............also...........do you guys have any tips on changing a tube? Last time I changed one I ended up pinching two good tubes and putting wholes in them. I used tire spoons not screwdrivers. The only way we got it to go on was struggling with the tire by hand!?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:15 PM

I dunno about the best way for changing the tube....

But thats exactly why I'm not doing a big bore in mine..

Although with the big bore you can still play around and not constatnly be pulling the clutch in.. you cant just come to a stop, hang out, and then ride again.. you gotta pull the clutch in, or throw it in neutral, or restart it.. etc etc
Old 02-22-2004, 10:00 PM

I hadn't planned on a clutch set up, I like to use me 50 to get around when I am filming, the best part about it is I can hang on the camera and not worry about shifting-----but I do need some more power for riding.......
Old 02-22-2004, 10:02 PM

just go with a 88 kit and you'll be happy.. i promise.. It'll have more power than you ever need
Old 02-22-2004, 11:03 PM

Yeah I have ridden a couple with that kit----maybe now I can get really hurt--------oh by the way, 10,000 posts----damn!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 11:06 PM

yea, you know.. I get bored once in a while..
Old 02-23-2004, 09:02 PM

TDBENOU is an unknown quantity at this point

I want a 50 :YEAH
Old 02-23-2004, 09:14 PM

We tried to get down to your house but the train tracks weren't packed down enough, the closest we got was just across from Hussman's.....it might have been stevie, his 50 is loud as **** so you would know it was him. I also saw another kid on a 50 over by the pawn shop on North Street right by North Main-----50 fever is starting to hit in G-ville
Old 02-24-2004, 09:17 AM

slinky750 is a decent person

i'm still confused.....what stevie are you talkin about?

Quick Reply: 20 miles on a 50