XtreemeMotorsports.com Upstate NY

Shitty Luck

Old 12-12-2002, 03:12 AM

JayDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Shitty Luck

Well, another batch of shitty luck came my way tonight. I just put the new track and skis on the Vmax and decided to take a rip. I got about 5 miles away, and was rippin along when I heard a loud bang and the sled stopped. Apparently the clutch is fucked somehow. After thinking about what to do I decided to go home and get the Ranger. I walked the 5 miles and started driving back in the pounding snow, only to get stuck about a mile into the trail. OK, at this point I was numb anyway so I cleared all the snow out from under the tires and went to where the sled died. Well one thing I friggin forgot was HOW THE HELL do I get a snowmobile in a 3'' raised Ranger 4x4 ALONE! Luckily there was a hill close that I dragged the sled to, then backed the truck up to the hill with the tailgate down and pushed in the friggin POS sled. I am finally home and dry though. Time to go spend $250 on a clutch
Old 12-12-2002, 09:02 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Shitty Luck

Originally posted by JayDubs
Well, another batch of shitty luck came my way tonight. I just put the new track and skis on the Vmax and decided to take a rip. I got about 5 miles away, and was rippin along when I heard a loud bang and the sled stopped. Apparently the clutch is fucked somehow. After thinking about what to do I decided to go home and get the Ranger. I walked the 5 miles and started driving back in the pounding snow, only to get stuck about a mile into the trail. OK, at this point I was numb anyway so I cleared all the snow out from under the tires and went to where the sled died. Well one thing I friggin forgot was HOW THE HELL do I get a snowmobile in a 3'' raised Ranger 4x4 ALONE! Luckily there was a hill close that I dragged the sled to, then backed the truck up to the hill with the tailgate down and pushed in the friggin POS sled. I am finally home and dry though. Time to go spend $250 on a clutch
Shitty deal man... we went out and romped in the snow last night with the trucks... we would have towed ya home!!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:53 AM

slinky750 is a decent person
how much snow do you guys have? we dont have any!! well maybe a snow pile here and there......
Old 12-12-2002, 11:41 AM

YATES is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man, I have some broke down sled stories too---its never fun when they don't work right, but when they do:D We got around 5 inches of heavy *** snow slinky!!!! I hope someone gets out and plows the ice for this weekend!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:02 PM

slinky750 is a decent person
why dont you guys come up on friday night and we'll go play on the ice on saturday..theres now snow on it what so ever up here!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 04:16 PM

JayDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Well we got about 6 inches of heavy wet snow (the fun kind) in Mechanicville. I ordered the clutch and it'll be here next week, so when it snows tonite it'll already be on a good base. Should be good fun this weekend