XtreemeMotorsports.com Upstate NY

The Evolution of the KLX...

Old 07-31-2003, 04:18 PM

slinky750 is a decent person
The Evolution of the KLX...

ok guys..here is the idea i have in my head....for those of you that know i have a KLX 110 that i use for screwin around with....i fit better on the klx than the 50's that everyone has...so anyways...as i was doin some research i've been looking into supermotard bikes. Well they seem to be great stunting bikes....sooooooo....i'm converting the KLX :-D i talked with a guy thats done a TTR90 and what he did is take a rear rim, the outer part and a front hub then had some custom spokes made for it. My rear rim is a 12" same size as the TTR 90...and Bridgestone tires off of a YSR50 will fit. i have also found a cool tripple clamp from BRP that i can put ProTaper bars on and give me a little more adjustability. i also have a Works rear shock set up for a 160 to 180lb rider. i'm going to try putting heavier weight oil in the front forks before i go with new springs. i just put a ProCircuit T4 pipe on it and have a filter on the way. anyone else have any insite on what i should do to it..i want this thing to be a fun stunt bike and also be able to set up a cool supermotard track come where and do that. ok i'm done my rambling :P oh the guy with the TTR 90 had a 110 kit in it and geard 15/30...said he could do 58 with it and roll around 200ft stoppies...i wanna see video!
Old 07-31-2003, 10:29 PM

YATES is an unknown quantity at this point
My $.02--manual clutch kit, big bore kit, then some riding pants with knee pucks and go to town--or you could just ride your "race bread" GSXR750 like it should be riden-----LOL------just kidding little bikes are fun---when you get yours built, I'll bring the YSR up!!