Driving To Endanger - DTE Photo Gallery
www.DrivingToEndanger.com
U.S.A

Anything in Maine to see this weekend???

Old 10-10-2002, 09:43 AM

ftrain is a decent person
Anything in Maine to see this weekend???

I am heading up to northern Maine this weekend for a wedding. It is a 7 ½ hour ride from Lowell. Since it is such a far trip I want to make a weekend out of it. I am pretty new to the New England area and never been in Maine. Does anybody know of any cool spots to check out while I am up there? Hiking, mountain biking, touring, white water rafting, drinking, site seeing, etc……

Thanks for the info, Mike
Old 10-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Regular StuntLifer

foxracinggirl is a decent person
Question

northern maine? how far north? i'm originally from maine... (southern) but my brother lives in northern maine...i might be able to help ya out...

do you know the name of the town?

amy
Old 10-10-2002, 10:42 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
is there anything ever to see in Maine?
Old 10-10-2002, 10:45 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Thumbs up

yeah...peeps with no teeth...... lmao
Old 10-10-2002, 11:17 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by foxracinggirl
yeah...peeps with no teeth...... lmao
I don't think that's very funny. I've lived here all my life and still have all my teeth, as does my wife and all my friends.

Atleast we can drive better than you Massholes......lol
Old 10-10-2002, 11:35 AM
Regular StuntLifer

settle down zuki!!! lol.....if you read my post i said i'm from maine myself and my family still lives there.... and if you check under my avatar...i'm not from MA.... so

:p
amy
Old 10-10-2002, 11:51 AM

Question Do they even have paved roads that far north???

Hi Amy,

I am heading up to Presque Isle, Maine. That is a hike and pretty far north. The wedding is on Friday at 3 and staying at a hotel in that town on Friday night. I was looking for places to go on Saturday and Sunday but it does not have to be near that town just south since I do not feel like going further North. I was going to head to the White Mountains in NH but I rather see some spots in Maine instead. Should be an interesting wedding since the bride is from Canada. We will have a half-American and half-Canadian party. The only bad part is no open bar, WTF????

Kinda scared since it is Maine and I might have drunk chicks staring at me with missing teeth. :D

Mike
Old 10-10-2002, 12:25 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Zuki750
I don't think that's very funny. I've lived here all my life and still have all my teeth, as does my wife and all my friends.

Atleast we can drive better than you Massholes......lol
Studies show that Massachusetts have some of the best drivers in the country. There are fewer accidents per person than any other state in the country.... and we don't have cows and deer that randomly cross the road.

Maine = :reindeer

Lata,
Bri

BTW, this information is based on pure facts. If you want I can do some research for yah (proof).
Old 10-10-2002, 12:34 PM

avalanche is an unknown quantity at this point
Head to New Hampshire and take a ride down the Kangamagus Highway. It's a sweet ride this time of year.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard it was Moose Humping Season!!!

I guess that's a big family ritual in the stix!!!

eeyyaa, I'm going to FL, getting as far away from these maine weirdo's as possible...lol...just playin!!!

Johnny
Old 10-10-2002, 12:48 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Re: Do they even have paved roads that far north???

Originally posted by ftrain6637

I am heading up to Presque Isle, Maine. That is a hike and pretty far north.
sorry dude....i don't know about anything that far north.... my bro is up in norridgewalk.... i thought that was far!! lol...
well, i'm sure you'll find stuff to do...at least the leaves will be pretty!!! lol...

lata....
amy
:D

Last edited by foxracinggirl; 10-10-2002 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:19 PM

New Hampshire and take a ride down the Kangamagus Highway

Kangamagus rocks! I love that road!!!! I been riding, hiking, skiing, snow shoeing, x-country skiing, biking, camping, and swimming along that road. I do not think there is any other road in New England that has so much to do. I am sure that is where I will end up but I figured I would give Maine a try.

As for your study on drivers Brian it is New York that has the best drivers and not all these Massholes. I do not think I have ever seen worse drivers in my life then in Ma. I did not know it was acceptable to put the nose of your car in the middle of the road and then look both ways for cars coming. Best drivers are in NY!!!!!!!! Besides it is illegal to drive and hold a cell phone next to your ear in NY.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:39 PM

Hey ftrain do you do any hiking/skiing up at Mt. Washington (Tuckermans Ravine) ?
Old 10-10-2002, 02:12 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
Re: Do they even have paved roads that far north???

Originally posted by ftrain6637

I am heading up to Presque Isle, Maine. That is a hike and pretty far north. The wedding is on Friday at 3 and staying at a hotel in that town on Friday night. I was looking for places to go on Saturday and Sunday but it does not have to be near that town just south since I do not feel like going further North. I was going to head to the White Mountains in NH but I rather see some spots in Maine instead.
Mike
About an hour south of presque isle, right off the interstate is Baxter State Park. There is a lot of good hiking there. Also Bar Harbor has some good hiking and it is also a "touristy" town. If you want to go whitewater rafting, you want to go to The Forks, which is near Jackman. Northern Outdoors is a great company for whitewater rafting. Hope this helps.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:37 PM

Always up for a crazy adventure!!!

I hike in the White Mountains and done the Appalachian Trail from Cannon to Mount Washington over a few days. I skied Tuckermans twice so far since I moved up here. Has to be one of the top five craziest things I’ve done besides jetskiing during a bad north easter in the ocean and the coast guard coming out to get me, swimming a 2 mile race in the ocean off Ireland (the water was full of sharks but no one told me), and getting altitude sickness while mountain biking over the contental divide in Colorado. Them temp range for the day was from 105 in boulder to 28 at the top. Thank god Winter Park was right on the other side.

The first time I skied Tuckermans I did pretty well and did a few runs. The second time was a total disaster and late in the season. I crashed high up on the lip and flipped my entire way down. Luckily I did not fall into a crevasse but bounced right over it. The lunch crowd on the rocks was in total silence. I lost everything on the way down and it took me an hour to collect my thoughts and equipment. That is one sick run but I plan to be back again this year a bunch of times. It pisses me off when a husband, wife, and kids ski by me like I am standing still. Some people have made skillzs up on Tuckermans.

Have you been up there yet? You wanna head up there this spring? I should be ready to tear that slope up by then. My skiing has improved so much since I moved up here. Looking at a season pass at one of the mountains this month.

I do not know many people that will even hike up. Ask my friend Dan that? The first time I went to Tuckermans I dragged him to the top of Ravine. I was putting my skis on and I notice he was no longer there. The beotch chickened out and was trying to walk back down. The thing is it is so steep you can not walk down and boy did he go down.

Last edited by ftrain; 10-10-2002 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:39 PM

Hye zuki thanks for the info. I will check them out this weekend.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:11 PM

"ftrain"I will deffinetly head up to Tuckermans this spring with you. I know what your sayin' about not having anybody to go with. Last winter I hiked up and went snowboarding at Tuckermans 3 time and twice I went by myself. I'd rather go myself than not go at all but it's much better and a tad safer having some peeps up there with you...Where did you move from ?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:51 PM

keepitreel is an unknown quantity at this point
settle down zuki!!! lol.....if you read my post i said i'm from maine myself and my family still lives there.... and if you check under my avatar...i'm not from MA.... so

:p
amy
Hi Amy, tell me this...Are there any Brothers up in Maine ?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally posted by keepitreel
Hi Amy, tell me this...Are there any Brothers up in Maine ?
hey shel...

if there are...i haven't ever seen any....you wanna go to maine with me sometime so i can say i've seen one??? :p :p :p

lata...
amy
Old 10-10-2002, 04:03 PM

keepitreel is an unknown quantity at this point
hey shel...

if there are...i haven't ever seen any....you wanna go to maine with me sometime so i can say i've seen one??? :p :p :p

lata...
amy
I use to hit Portland back in tha day, but anything above that was way to dead for me,Portland was tha BOMB, the females were off the hook.kinda like you.

Quick Reply: Anything in Maine to see this weekend???