Driving To Endanger - DTE Photo Gallery
www.DrivingToEndanger.com
U.S.A

just want to know...

Old 05-12-2004, 08:43 PM

JennR6er is a decent person
just want to know...

Ok, this is a generalized question...

If there is something in your life that makes you so happy, yet you know it is most likely wrong should you still do it??? I don't mean morally wrong or anything like that, but maybe wrong to the point where you have done something so many times that you almost for sure no the out come will be bad, but it makes you so happy during the process of doing it (or maybe being with, it could be a person...) should you still continue to do it... I guess what I am trying to ask is would you love if you knew in the end it would hurt or would you just stay in the shadows to avoid the pain??

Or would you repest your actions already knowing the outcome, only hoping that maybe something would change??

I guess it all is determined by alot of different factors... but I was just wondering... what would you guys do???

BTW... I think I would rather be the one to take the chance of getting hurt over and over again hopeing maybe one day something will change... is that so wrong??

Sorry guys I know this isn't normal convo for the DTE boards... but I do know we all have brains... and this was just on my mind...
Old 05-13-2004, 01:36 AM

Celeste can only hope to improve
Re: just want to know...

i would do whatever your heart thinks is right... if you know the outcome and aren't afraid to take the chance then i would go for it, but like you said dont be afraid to get hurt.... but then again there are some times when you just have to say no because you have that feeling that things arent going to go as planned and sometimes at that point its not even a feeling anymore its something that you know because deep inside you you really know its not right no matter how happy it makes you....just my
Old 05-13-2004, 02:33 AM

JAY D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Celeste
i would do whatever your heart thinks is right... if you know the outcome and aren't afraid to take the chance then i would go for it, but like you said dont be afraid to get hurt.... but then again there are some times when you just have to say no because you have that feeling that things arent going to go as planned and sometimes at that point its not even a feeling anymore its something that you know because deep inside you you really know its not right no matter how happy it makes you....just my

I have to agree with ya, very well spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:54 PM

oh yeah one more thing... dont live on false hope, its like taking two steps froward and three steps backwards... you dont get anywhere...
Old 05-14-2004, 12:51 AM

GixxerRydin2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yeah one more thing... dont live on false hope, its like taking two steps froward and three steps backwards... you dont get anywhere...
so true.

john
Old 05-14-2004, 06:11 AM

PmpRob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JennR6er
Ok, this is a generalized question...

If there is something in your life that makes you so happy, yet you know it is most likely wrong should you still do it??? I don't mean morally wrong or anything like that, but maybe wrong to the point where you have done something so many times that you almost for sure no the out come will be bad, but it makes you so happy during the process of doing it (or maybe being with, it could be a person...) should you still continue to do it... I guess what I am trying to ask is would you love if you knew in the end it would hurt or would you just stay in the shadows to avoid the pain??

Or would you repest your actions already knowing the outcome, only hoping that maybe something would change??

I guess it all is determined by alot of different factors... but I was just wondering... what would you guys do???

BTW... I think I would rather be the one to take the chance of getting hurt over and over again hopeing maybe one day something will change... is that so wrong??

Sorry guys I know this isn't normal convo for the DTE boards... but I do know we all have brains... and this was just on my mind...
ok i have this funny fealing this thread is about someone i know
Old 05-14-2004, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by PmpRob
ok i have this funny fealing this thread is about someone i know
hey now... she never really said "someone".... ... but that would be a good guess......
Old 05-14-2004, 10:11 AM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point

GEEE, I wonder who????

Jenn. Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives ya something to do, but it dont get you anywhere.... Write that down.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:17 AM

Where did you find that one Pat??? because thats a good way of putting it and i know you didnt come up with it...
Old 05-14-2004, 12:27 PM

JAY D is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you find that one Pat??? because thats a good way of putting it and i know you didnt come up with it...

THe movie National Lampoons Van Wilder!!!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JAY DTE
THe movie National Lampoons Van Wilder!!!!!
i've never seen that whole movie... just pieces here and there...
Old 05-14-2004, 01:40 PM

Ok maybe I wasn't very clear, I am not worrying about anything, maybe I am pregnant and think to much.... all I am saying is if something makes you happy why not do it.... no matter what it is..... regardless of what is going to happen in the future, regardless good or bad, why shouldn't you do stuff that makes you happy.... regardless of the outcome it will bring.. ah hell I don't know...
:YEAH
Old 05-14-2004, 01:57 PM

if you know it isnt going to work in the future, then why waste your time on it now... no matter how happy it makes you now it is only going to hurt worse in the end.... you're still young and you have your whole life ahead of you but if you know something isnt going to work then why not find something/someone that will make you happy or maybe even happier in the long run.... all of this is reminding me of drugs... yeah they make you happy and you have a good time while doing them but in the end it hurts you and it doesnt make you happy. you can do them over and over for years but there is one point in your life where you are going to realize that you cant keep doing them and that the outcome in the end might be bad. no matter how happy something/someone makes you, if you know it isnt going to work there is a time when you just have to give up. say goodbye and move on to something better. you've done the same thing over and over again and the outcome never changes there is a time when you will get tired and want to look for something/someone new, why waste your time and go back to that same thing again?? its not a matter of being worried or scared or anything like that... it all has to do with the well being of your child and yourself....
Old 05-14-2004, 03:59 PM

True, and good point.... but alot of other people I speak to have said do whatever makes you happy right now, why prolong happiness... but to each there own... Everyone in the end will only do what they want to do...

Life can never be planned, and everything always happens for a reason...

Last edited by JennR6er; 05-14-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:29 PM

you're right everything does happen for a reason and when the same thing keeps happening over and over again what makes you think it is going to change? there are some thing that never change! Its right to do whatever makes you happy now but if it is going to cause you more stress, pain, and trouble in the end then it especially if you know what the outcome is going to be.... if everything really happens for a reason and if it is ment to be then everything eventually come together but there is no need to push things... if you are having second thoughts (which it looks like you are by posting this thread) then just give things time and they will come together for the better but dont push something unless you know its the way it is suppose to be... its not as if you are prolonging happiness, you are just waiting for the right time where everything will make you happy and you know thing will be right and work out for the better....
Old 05-14-2004, 07:09 PM

I think this thread has gone to far already.... it was a generalized question....

I think people are assuming things when the shouldn't be....

I think that "second thoughts" is only a sign of weakness, and I have never had second thoughts about anything I have done, in the past or what will come in the future... but that like many other things is just the way I think....

This thread was started becuase I was just thinking.... and now it seems people are assuming there is some sort of situation when there isn't....

It was again a generalized question... and doing the same thing over and over in the past has brought me my daughter, the most blessed gift I have ever been given....

Also relationships come and go... but best friends last forever...
Old 05-14-2004, 07:11 PM

And Also....

To each their own...
Old 05-14-2004, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by JennR6er
relationships come and go... but best friends last forever...
that couldnt have been said better