Driving To Endanger - DTE Photo Gallery
www.DrivingToEndanger.com
U.S.A

Bri Dte

Old 12-09-2002, 03:39 PM

KASH is an unknown quantity at this point
Bri Dte

I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU WERE RUNNING FOR SPROCKETS ON YOUR 900 ALSO WHAT TIRE PRESSURES
Old 12-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sprockets:
- Down 1 front. Up 2 back. I'm thinking about going down 1 more on the front though.

Tire Pressure:
- 25psi front
- 17psi back.

Something like that. Not sure about the tire pressure.

Lata,
Bri

Last edited by Brian_C6; 12-09-2002 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

I don't need all that gearing to ride slow *****'s

Lata,
Bri
Old 12-09-2002, 04:58 PM

ftrain is a decent person
Hell no, just slip the clutch to ride them nice and slow. Gearing is for sissies you can accomplish the same thing with clutch control!!!! Actually when trying rolling burnouts start by rev the hell out of the motor and keep slipping the clutch. You’re bound to see something start smoking.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:06 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait till your ridin gansta slow wheelies...1 down 2 up ain't gonna cut it...I'm runnin 2 down 5 up and I'm stalling my bike in wheelies...under 7mph the bike starts to ping with my gearin...I'm ridin them at idle now and throwin hands like Mr Miagi with his chopsticks...killa sweet...you guys are gonna think DTE has two Chauncey's when i see you guys next. I'm already getting nasty and it hasn't even been a month...I'm lovin this ****!!! Rain or shine, hurricane weather, it don't matta us, we ride to die!!! LOL...

See you all in a couple weeks for x-mas!!!

Johnny
D T E
Old 12-10-2002, 07:15 AM

SICK02R6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds pretty bad *** johnny!

I kinda suck at wheelies still and was wondering... If I was to go up say two in the rear and one in the front will it REALLY be that much easier to hang 'em? Or does it just help a little? I've heard alot of people say "you're bike is more than capable of doing wheelies with the stock set up"(it's a 600) And I agree so, I don't know what to think. Maybe I should learn and not cheat by changing? whats the deal here?
Another question for you guys:
When you guys do windscreen wheelies what gear are you popping it up in? I know I sound stupid askin but how the hell else am I gonna learn em next spring. lol
Old 12-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

I've always sported the stock gearing (because I learn with what I'm dealt). I changed my gearing so highway windscreen wheelie's would happen. I'm not a small guy so changing my gearing allowed me to ride 2nd gear windscreen. But... since I'm never on the highway anymore I benefited when learning 12's. I think I'm ready to go down 1 more in the front and possibly 1 more up in the rear.

Don't let anyone tell you gear changing is cheatin. Ask them if you're cheating when you're scraping tail and hanging windscreens on the highway? He may think you're cheating but you'll also be the center of attention too You'll be laughing when he's 4 mile ahead of the pack and you're waving at cars passing you. :D :D

Lata,
Bri
Old 12-10-2002, 01:58 PM

SICK02R6 is an unknown quantity at this point
should i feel so limited riding only a 600 though. I feel like i need more power to be hanging windscreens. Can i gear my bike good enough to be hanging with the big dogs? Or do i just lack clutch talent still? I've tried tank wheelies and i feel like with my weight on the front, my bike doesn't have the juice. Maybe i was just a ***** with the throttle? Should i be clutching them up or just grabbin a handful? what gear should i be in if i'm on a 600?

Who's got the best place to get sporckets fairly cheap? Should i change them myself or just pay to save time?

I know that's a million questions but....sorry please help!
Old 12-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

I'm not too familiar with the R6. 600's now-a-days (IMO) don't limit anyone. Look at Joe Brown (ZX-6) or Tony & G-Nice (F4i). They rip **** up all day long riding 600's. It's all in the rider but a 900 doesn't hurt to learn on. I'm a big guy and there is no way a stock 600 was coming up with me on the tank.... maybe if I changed the gearing but who knows. Try a minimal change like 1 down 2-3 up. See if you like it. I remember my F4 being easier to wheelie in 2nd than my 929. It's all where the powerband is.

Everyone rides Honda's for a reason.... same w/ Yamaha's.....no one rides them for a reason.

Lata,
Bri