Driving To Endanger - DTE Photo Gallery
www.DrivingToEndanger.com
U.S.A

954rr? stunt bike or not?

Old 11-27-2002, 12:10 AM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
954rr? stunt bike or not?

is the 954 a good bike for stunting? also i heard it is slow, stops at 150mph is this true?

someone in heres gotta have one of these
Old 11-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
I only know one person that rides a 954 for stunting!!!

He seems to like the bike alot! I've never personally ridden one.

But, Bri used to have a 929 and I have been riding one here in FL every once and a while and I'm really diggin the 929 at the moment!

So if the 954 is as good as the 929, then I would grab the bad larry...but I don' t know personally!!!

Hope that helps!

p.s. If anyone has a 929 they want to let me borrow for a month or so...shoot me a pm!!!

Lata
Johnny
D T E
Old 11-27-2002, 01:39 AM
Group Moderator

i keep hearing something about the throttle being twitchy or something.... and that it needs a dampener...

what about the topping out at 150 ?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:41 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point
The steering is very tight and I've heard the balance point is small and waaaaayyy back. Does shugga not have this bike covered in his articles??
Old 11-27-2002, 09:18 AM

ftrain is a decent person
Bike does not top off at 150 and is fast for the streets.
The bike is light and hitting potholes, ruts, and hard accelerating can put you into a tank slapper.
A damper is recommended even though I do not have one yet. I have had a bunch of headshakes and should have one on already.
The bike also had a recall on the triple. Then a recall on the recall because the key would not turn into the lock position. Both were easy fixes and reduced headshake.
The balance point is real high and already lopped mine.
I dropped my bike 5 times this year and it held up well.
The only problem with the 954 is replacement parts are expensive. If you want a stunt bike to learn tricks and drop it weekly I would go with a 900RR. The bike was in production for a long time (I think 9 years) and you can find parts everywhere. I love the 954 for stunts because it is so light. Locking up the rear brake reminds me of the days on my bmx.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked my 929 because it was light and nimble. The steering is fucked so a damper is required. Tankslap all the time!!! Stoppies are sick (due to the insane braking system). I'd say go with the 929 or 954 but only if you got the rear brake locked down. I didn't like wheelie'n my 929 using just throttle.....it was too choppy. After I started using the brake in my wheelies (and tried a 929 again) I noticed the 929 to smooth out.

My recommendation....
Buy a shitbox 900RR to learn the basics..... then buy a 929 or 954 after your **** is locked. :D

Lata,
Bri
Old 11-29-2002, 10:44 PM
Group Moderator

thanx bri, i took ya advice kinda , went to see mike at naults...gonna get it i guess and take my time learning on it, (hopefully)....getting it next week, gonna throw a stabilizer on right away, getting rims and swing arm chromed off the bat and c ya all in daytona, thanx again bri
Group Moderator

thanx bri, i took ya advice kinda , went to see mike at naults...gonna get it i guess and take my time learning on it, (hopefully)....getting it next week, gonna throw a stabilizer on right away, getting rims and swing arm chromed off the bat and c ya all in daytona, thanx again bri
Group Moderator

Old 12-02-2002, 11:35 AM

03masshole03 is an unknown quantity at this point
My 954------------Lovin' It

I bought one at the beginning of this season, so if ya got any questions .................hit me up..............i love it..........i know a good amopunt about how they ride, so anything your interested in let me know. LATA !

Greg
Old 12-04-2002, 05:33 PM

cbrmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Has everyone seen the new 954RR colors for '03

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/moto...elId=CBR900RR3
Old 12-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Group Moderator

thanx greg....def will do, def no im putting a stablizer on it asap....going to chrome the rims....debating on the swingarm...thanx again man
Old 12-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by StarBoyWnnaB
No problem. Have fun on that bike. It should be fast enough for ya . I have one condition when someone uses my name to purchase a bike...... You ride w/ me when you get it!!!

Come summer time you betta join me for a rip. Keep checking the board. We'll set something up on the next nice day (that could be 3 months from now) heheheh :D:D

Lata,
Bri
Old 12-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Group Moderator

sounds good...better teach me a few things...no need to wreck the bike first summer hahahahaha....this winter **** sux....cant wait tul spring c ya then..lataaz
Old 12-05-2002, 02:49 PM

cbr954junky is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my 954 at the begging of the summer and said the same thing. But the only thing is I held back because I didn't want to dump it. Now that it's been down **** it I'm going crazy and learning a lot more. Buy some used plastics right away go out and **** them up. Then when you want to get rid of the bike put all the new ones back on. I wish I would have thought of that before I dumped mine.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:13 PM

ftrain is a decent person
There are some crazy deals for the 954RR right now. I feel like I got ripped because they are selling so cheap. Then again I already got a season of use out of it. I treated my bike well for the first month until I went down. After that it was game on. Once you stop worrying about dumping it and just focus on the tricks it is a ton of fun. I learned things real fast on this bike. After looking over my bike there are a few things you need to get.

#1 – Frame sliders – Do this before you even pick it up from the dealer

#2 – Scott’s damper – Very expensive but can save your bike and your life. When learning to wheelie you do not want to come down with that tire sideways. The damper will help save you and also with high-speed stoppies

#3 – Change the gearing –1 front and +2 or +4 rear This will bring the power band of the bike down to lower speeds. Rather then starting power wheelies at 25 mph you can start them at 10-15. Remember it is control and not speed that matters. You rather run into trouble at slower speeds.

If you have the extra cash try to talk the dealer into installing this on your bike for free when you purchase it. Have fun and when you pick it up we will go tear **** up. I love my 954
Old 12-05-2002, 03:28 PM

cbr954junky is an unknown quantity at this point
ftrain have you done that gearing to your bike? I did one down on mine and the thing is retarded. 1st gear like 5 - 10 miles an hour no clutch just hit an up you go it's effin nuts. I think if you gear your -1 in the front and up in the rear you better be really good with the rear brake.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JPFREESTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Bri is right about the steering damper. You should get frame sliders, change your gearing, steering damper, then a power commander. Bringing it up at 75-80 and setting it down at about 120 on the highway you don't want any headshakes. Another thing is get rid of the Michellin's and slap some Dunlops on there. I have already been down twice at low speed due to tires. The Dunlops are alot better and will stick like glue. :cool:

Last edited by JPFREESTYLE; 12-05-2002 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply: 954rr? stunt bike or not?