Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well.... I suck at stoppies so don't ask me

Lata,
Bri
Old 10-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
Bri,

You kick *** at long *** stoppies, NO DOUBT!

I used to kick ***...longest in New England back when it mattered!

Now I'm seeing the Joe Brown Style and Chauncey and Chris and I'm addicted to it!

Don't change anything, keep shooting like you are, you still roll **** longer than 98% of the pro's out there!!! Let's go to NY this weekend and take the trophy for longest stoppie...right away from Chauncey...hehehe...

Keep it real! (Long that is)...NICE!!!

The D T E
Old 10-04-2002, 12:07 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: here's the answer

Originally posted by chrisdte
alrighty folks.

i've read most of the posts and here you go.

dont tap the rear brake till you come down, the rear tire spinning is centrifugal motion, just like a spinning front tire. notice a.c. farias with his servo motor on the front wheel for slow circles, etc. tap the rear brake before you come down so the tire doesnt come to a dead stop after spinning, it is bad for a lot of things if you dont.

as for height, to roll long you need to do just that: roll. you cant roll with the brake on, which is why you need to be almost flipped over to go distance. the higher you are and the faster you are, the more a chance for tank slap though (i think). you should feel like you are almost accelerating in a stoppie when you hit the balance point, there will be little or no brake. i like to stay in my seat and lock my arms, and let the brakes do all the work rather than 'humping' the tank to get the bike up. when you do that, you are not doing it exactly even, which is a reason why the bike will kick out. stay seated, squeeze the tank with your knees and look forward, be smooth, just like wheelies. hope this helps...

Teach
hell yea teach, im on it 2morrow

i'll keep ya posted on the progress

thanx

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 12:29 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by DTE
Bri,

You kick *** at long *** stoppies, NO DOUBT!

I used to kick ***...longest in New England back when it mattered!

Now I'm seeing the Joe Brown Style and Chauncey and Chris and I'm addicted to it!

Don't change anything, keep shooting like you are, you still roll **** longer than 98% of the pro's out there!!! Let's go to NY this weekend and take the trophy for longest stoppie...right away from Chauncey...hehehe...

Keep it real! (Long that is)...NICE!!!

The D T E
Bri, how long you rolling?
Old 10-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Debating another bike...

Bri's rolling 350 - 400 feet pretty consistent!

Once my **** is setup at the shop bri, we'll get that vid clip up there so people can see it!

MINT! NO JOKE!!!

Bri is the New England Stoppie Champ (taking the title from mah ***)!!!

Lata
Old 10-04-2002, 12:42 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by DTE
Bri's rolling 350 - 400 feet pretty consistent!

Once my **** is setup at the shop bri, we'll get that vid clip up there so people can see it!

MINT! NO JOKE!!!

Bri is the New England Stoppie Champ (taking the title from mah ***)!!!

Lata
Nice... How fast is he pulling 'em up??

I'm still trying to hit 20 feet consistent....

I can't stoppie for my life
Old 10-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

65-70mph maybe. My speedo is disconnected.... aaahhh broke, right, broke.

Lata,
Bri
Old 10-04-2002, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by bri_dte
65-70mph maybe. My speedo is disconnected.... aaahhh broke, right, broke.

Lata,
Bri
You say you aren't that high, but to roll 400 ft and be only bringing it up at 65ish... You must be pretty high
Old 10-04-2002, 03:40 PM

chrisdte is an unknown quantity at this point
nags,

look at his avatar, HE SUCKS!!!

naw, he's got distance on me overall, but i got distance on him from 40 mph, now if i could only get some rotors that werent warped!!!

by the way, it is inevitable that you WILL crash going for distance and 'coasting' them, so wear your jacket and helmet !!! fo sure,

TEach
Old 10-04-2002, 04:06 PM

RRdude900 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't roll stoppies to save my life - but I'm getting better.

Seems to make sense to keep the wheel spinning till you're ready to bring it down.

I've noticed the Scott's damper is very sensitive between 4-clicks out and 5 clicks (from max). I used all the factory presets on everything else. It seems like there should be better adjustablity between the points I mentioned.

I tightened my headset and that took care of most of the 'pulsing' I was getting. I didn't want to over-tighten it for fear of crushing the bearings. It was turning freely with the damper off - obviously. I'm gonna try adding another 1/2 turn. Easier said than done!
Old 10-04-2002, 04:14 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally posted by chrisdte
nags,

look at his avatar, HE SUCKS!!!

naw, he's got distance on me overall, but i got distance on him from 40 mph, now if i could only get some rotors that werent warped!!!

by the way, it is inevitable that you WILL crash going for distance and 'coasting' them, so wear your jacket and helmet !!! fo sure,

TEach
lol, u guys r the best

definately helmet and jacket, good idea

im preparin for my 8 hour day 2morrow, hope somethin nice will happen

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 04:18 PM

hooligan is an unknown quantity at this point
i think bri's got the weight, er..., momentum behind him.

hey, bri, sorry about that.

hey, on the ride up to laconia this year you were bring it up around 80-85 mph on my speedo. not that it matters. at the time i had never seen that done. i just remember being like "holy ****, he just brought the *** end up at 85!!!"
Old 10-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Teach,
Let's do this. Give me one hour practicing height. The last time I rolled a stoppie under 40mph I owned a 929. I think we should put some money down on it. 40mph.... for length. I'll take your ***!!!!

Lata,
Bri

Bri_DTE = Stoppie Pimp

PS. How about 180 stoppies? I got that **** locked down too. Let's see who can turn it the furthest.... beeeeootch. Anytime you need a lesson let me know.

Last edited by Brian_C6; 10-04-2002 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:22 PM
RickNasty.com

Originally posted by bri_dte
Teach,
Let's do this. Give me one hour practicing height. The last time I rolled a stoppie under 40mph I owned a 929. I think we should put some money down on it. 40mph.... for length. I'll take your ***!!!!

Lata,
Bri

Bri_DTE = Stoppie Pimp

PS. How about 180 stoppies? I got that **** locked down too. Let's see who can turn it the furthest.... beeeeootch. Anytime you need a lesson let me know.
i want some lessons
schedulin for biketoberfest

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 10:51 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up guys.....Chauncey is up here in Maine chillin with with Kickstand and Wheelies.......he refuses to talk *****...but I measured him out yesturday at 523 feet at about 60 or 65 mph..........I got all my money on him........any takers?
Old 10-05-2002, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by joe_k&w
Whats up guys.....Chauncey is up here in Maine chillin with with Kickstand and Wheelies.......he refuses to talk *****...but I measured him out yesturday at 523 feet at about 60 or 65 mph..........I got all my money on him........any takers?
I'll take that. I got my money on Joe Brown
Old 10-05-2002, 01:34 AM
RickNasty.com

Originally posted by joe_k&w

nice, i bet he is, chauncey is unreal

between joe and chauncey gonna b close

Rick929
Old 10-05-2002, 02:03 AM

Thew1096 is an unknown quantity at this point
GORKA
Old 10-05-2002, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by thew1096
GORKA
Gorka is definetley up there too... But I gotta put my money on Brown.:D

What about you.. Where you at?
Old 10-05-2002, 05:26 AM
Debating another bike...

Chauncey, that is MINT!

I can't wait for Biketoberfest, it should be a friggen blast!

Maybe you'll take the worlds longest stoppie down in Daytona during the big XSBA comp!!!

I can't wait meng!!!

Hanging with our FL Boyz and stunt riding...what more can you ask for!!!

Quick Reply: johnny, teach, bri!!!! help