Driving To Endanger - DTE Photo Gallery
www.DrivingToEndanger.com
U.S.A

johnny, teach, bri!!!! help

Old 10-03-2002, 08:16 PM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo you guys aren't kindin'....that "high *** freakin me out I swear I'm goin over the front and this ***** gonna hurt real bad" style stoppie is some BIG pimpin' ****. It's like learnin' 12s....you think you're high as **** and then you see the tape of it and you have forever to go.......guess its just gonna take awhile to get......here's a couple pics of tryin it today.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
highstoppiepost.jpg (35.4 KB, 85 views)
Old 10-03-2002, 08:22 PM
Turn My Headphones Up

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
highstoppiepost1.jpg (32.8 KB, 87 views)
Old 10-03-2002, 08:27 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Mark_MPZ
Yo you guys aren't kindin'....that "high *** freakin me out I swear I'm goin over the front and this ***** gonna hurt real bad" style stoppie is some BIG pimpin' ****. It's like learnin' 12s....you think you're high as **** and then you see the tape of it and you have forever to go.......guess its just gonna take awhile to get......here's a couple pics of tryin it today.

Mark
hell yea mark, i luv ur style

thats exactly what ima start doin

when kyle was learnin his, he practiced 1 nite until he flipped, now look at him

Rick929
Old 10-03-2002, 08:38 PM
Turn My Headphones Up

ow. lol ....flippin' over the front, i can feel it comin'.......
Old 10-03-2002, 08:55 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Mark_MPZ
ow. lol ....flippin' over the front, i can feel it comin'.......
Flippin' over the front is worse than off the back
Old 10-03-2002, 09:06 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nags
Flippin' over the front is worse than off the back
yeah ask kyle about that nite when he went over the front and split his wig...that **** aint pretty
Old 10-03-2002, 09:16 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by underzen
yeah ask kyle about that nite when he went over the front and split his wig...that **** aint pretty
You werent even there foo.. I saw the whole thing and was like

Funniest thing was as he rolled by he's yelling "this ain't gonna be pretty!"
Old 10-03-2002, 09:20 PM

You werent even there foo.. I saw the whole thing and was like

Funniest thing was as he rolled by he's yelling "this ain't gonna be pretty!"
what the **** you talking about punk ****...i was there dumbass me and you rode up there to Atlantic...remember. wheelie on the seat and tank...or were you talking about the looped stoppie at sunrise when i wasnt' there? you barney rubble looking **** :D :D
Old 10-03-2002, 09:32 PM

what the **** you talking about punk ****...i was there dumbass me and you rode up there to Atlantic...remember. wheelie on the seat and tank...or were you talking about the looped stoppie at sunrise when i wasnt' there? you barney rubble looking **** :D :D
I'm talking about the 500ft stoppie gone bad.

Dick wad.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:48 PM

I'm talking about the 500ft stoppie gone bad.

Dick wad.
dude kyle whads his bike like almost every nite..i can't keep track anymore. i missed that one.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:35 PM

dude kyle whads his bike like almost every nite..i can't keep track anymore. i missed that one.
This one sticks out cuz he wasn't on kyle's bike. He wrecked the **** outta Ice's new bike
Old 10-03-2002, 11:00 PM
RickNasty.com

whats up with the high stoppie ****???

any1??
Old 10-03-2002, 11:29 PM

Brian_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
We have pretty much put everything on hold and been praticing nothing but high *** stoppies. It seems like if I don't ****** it up high and quick my **** kicks to the right every time. At first I thought it was my bike, but I let Mellen ride it and it kicked left! What the deal with hitting the rear brake? Never heard that one.
If this thing doesnt stop kicking out I am going to freak.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by Brian_MPZ
We have pretty much put everything on hold and been praticing nothing but high *** stoppies. It seems like if I don't ****** it up high and quick my **** kicks to the right every time. At first I thought it was my bike, but I let Mellen ride it and it kicked left! What the deal with hitting the rear brake? Never heard that one.
Everyone down here taps the brake right before the end of the stoppie.. It comes down much smoother.. You don't get that CLUNK
Old 10-03-2002, 11:43 PM
RickNasty.com

hit the brake on the way up, it lets u steer them easier
if it starts kickin the the right, push on the right bar, its kinda hard to get...i got em a lil bit but im just passin gorka and j beezy advice

i've freaked out lots
**** pisses me off, just like learnin 12z, sooo inconsistent and gain height soo slow

its about time 2 push deeez bikes 2 the limitz

Rick929
Old 10-03-2002, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Rick929 PBR
hit the brake on the way up, it lets u steer them easier
if it starts kickin the the right, push on the right bar, its kinda hard to get...i got em a lil bit but im just passin gorka and j beezy advice
Don't mean to get in the way.... But thats opposite of how Joe does his stoppies.. He keeps the rear wheel spinning and steers with his body keeping his arms straight.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:56 PM

Brian_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for advice. I hear ya about 12's, took me forever. SAme thing hear I guess, but I want it now! I now how to do it in theory, but actually doing it is a different story. I put a scott's on a couple days ago to give me some "false" courage when it comes to slappers, but my natural instinct when it is up that high is to let off the brake. Just gunna take a while.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:14 AM
RickNasty.com

Thanks for advice. I hear ya about 12's, took me forever. SAme thing hear I guess, but I want it now! I now how to do it in theory, but actually doing it is a different story. I put a scott's on a couple days ago to give me some "false" courage when it comes to slappers, but my natural instinct when it is up that high is to let off the brake. Just gunna take a while.
yea, it is gonna take awhile

i been workin on em for 2 weeks on and off, cant really expect much

they comin tho, hopefully

c u guys soon

Rick929
Old 10-04-2002, 01:20 AM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't mean to get in the way.... But thats opposite of how Joe does his stoppies.. He keeps the rear wheel spinning and steers with his body keeping his arms straight.
he also keeps his body in the seat too... look at the pic... he looks like hes almost completely in the seat... cant beat joe when it comes to stoppies...
-icehot113
Old 10-04-2002, 09:01 AM

chrisdte is an unknown quantity at this point
here's the answer

alrighty folks.

i've read most of the posts and here you go.

dont tap the rear brake till you come down, the rear tire spinning is centrifugal motion, just like a spinning front tire. notice a.c. farias with his servo motor on the front wheel for slow circles, etc. tap the rear brake before you come down so the tire doesnt come to a dead stop after spinning, it is bad for a lot of things if you dont.

as for height, to roll long you need to do just that: roll. you cant roll with the brake on, which is why you need to be almost flipped over to go distance. the higher you are and the faster you are, the more a chance for tank slap though (i think). you should feel like you are almost accelerating in a stoppie when you hit the balance point, there will be little or no brake. i like to stay in my seat and lock my arms, and let the brakes do all the work rather than 'humping' the tank to get the bike up. when you do that, you are not doing it exactly even, which is a reason why the bike will kick out. stay seated, squeeze the tank with your knees and look forward, be smooth, just like wheelies. hope this helps...

Teach

Quick Reply: johnny, teach, bri!!!! help