Driving To Endanger - DTE Photo Gallery
www.DrivingToEndanger.com
U.S.A

Long Endos,,,,,hey Bri Dte

Old 10-26-2002, 04:36 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Long Endos,,,,,hey Bri Dte

whats up bri,,,,,got a question,,,,,but heres my scoop first,,,,,i got a gixxesr 675,,,all 750 but the motor...LOL,,,,anyways,,,,i got stock fluid, pads, and lines,,,, i recently started practicing long endos,,now i used to run dot 5,,,,which im going back to,,,but im rollin 200 footers now,,,,and i was wandering how you set up your FORKS,,,,,like did you make em stiffer,,softer,,,,whateva,,,,i guess when i tried along time ago, i just fucked it up,,,,one sider was higher than the other,,,what have you ,,and i was still rollin 200,,,,,so i wanted to set up the forks to see if it would help,,,,got any suggestions?????MR. STOPPIE KING......lol,,,i figured i ask ya,,,,let me know......thanx

DV8Ryan
Old 10-27-2002, 04:57 AM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't need to modify anything to do stoppies!

You should be able to do 300+ feet with stock everything. I don't even run braided lines...and I usually have at least one blown fork seal at all times...I dont' even replace them anymore...

Johnny
Old 10-27-2002, 10:50 AM

Soumy16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DTE

You should be able to do 300+ feet with stock everything. I don't even run braided lines...and I usually have at least one blown fork seal at all times...I dont' even replace them anymore...

Johnny
Thats why your the DTE PIMP! hehe
Old 10-27-2002, 12:03 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DTE

Johnny
ok,,,,so let me ask you is there a hump to get over once you get to a sertain distance,,,,,cause i mean our road SUX,,,,,,my line is 2 feet from the grass and the pavement dips down then up , so i know im losin speed and distance, but the pavement is perfect,,,,,just really uneven,,,,,,and it hooks up in the cold weather really good after i get my tires warmed up,,,,,,so i know i can roll well over 200,,,,,,but is there like a huge hump to get over to go farther??
thanx
dv8ryan
Old 10-27-2002, 12:09 PM
u of m still sux

Originally posted by DV8Ronnie
ok,,,,so let me ask you is there a hump to get over once you get to a sertain distance,,,,,cause i mean our road SUX,,,,,,my line is 2 feet from the grass and the pavement dips down then up , so i know im losin speed and distance, but the pavement is perfect,,,,,just really uneven,,,,,,and it hooks up in the cold weather really good after i get my tires warmed up,,,,,,so i know i can roll well over 200,,,,,,but is there like a huge hump to get over to go farther??
thanx
dv8ryan
that was me by the way askin
Old 10-27-2002, 12:36 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have stock everything too. Stock pads, stock lines, stock calipers. The only thing I can think of that may be different is the front fork compression setting. Everyone who rides my bike says it feels "soft". Do you know what I mean? When I hit the front brakes my forks compress more than everyone else's. I think this helps with Tank Slap for two reasons...

1. Less fork length to flex.
2. Front wheel / contact patch doesn't extend as far back in relation to the rest of the bike. Someone with fully extended forks may need to be higher up in the stoppie to acheive the same balance point.

I honestly have no friggin clue why I never get tank slap but these reasons are the only thing I can think of. I think tank slap somehow happens due to rider postition / style.

Maybe this helps....maybe it doesn't. Who friggin knows. Everyone has their own reasons / definitions.

Lata,
Bri
Old 10-27-2002, 05:57 PM
u of m still sux

Originally posted by bri_dte
I have stock everything too. Stock pads, stock lines, stock calipers. The only thing I can think of that may be different is the front fork compression setting. Everyone who rides my bike says it feels "soft". Do you know what I mean? When I hit the front brakes my forks compress more than everyone else's. I think this helps with Tank Slap for two reasons...

1. Less fork length to flex.
2. Front wheel / contact patch doesn't extend as far back in relation to the rest of the bike. Someone with fully extended forks may need to be higher up in the stoppie to acheive the same balance point.

I honestly have no friggin clue why I never get tank slap but these reasons are the only thing I can think of. I think tank slap somehow happens due to rider postition / style.

Maybe this helps....maybe it doesn't. Who friggin knows. Everyone has their own reasons / definitions.

Lata,
Bri
thanx,,,this helps out alot,,,,but i might have a suggestion,,,,,im going back to dot 5 brake fluid,,,,,,its the ****,,,,,grabs quicker,,,it breaks down faster,,,,,,but i like it ,,,,,ill see what i can do with my forks,,,,,we messed with them today , found the spot then we fucked up by tryin to make it better now it sucks *** only got 175 today,,thanx
dv8ryan
Old 10-28-2002, 12:49 PM

chrisdte is an unknown quantity at this point
ry,

dont listen to these fools, first off bri tried puttin atf in his forks. johnny told bri to only buy one fork seal too!! they are idiots!! lol

redo your forks with the correct weight and volume. the volume is the most important. the heavier the weight the slower the fork reaction. you have to mess with your own suspension settings to find out what works best for you. i would suggest starting at the midpoints for compression and rebound. preload will stiffen up the springs but has nothing to do with the actual dampening of the forks. only adjust one thing at a time and TAKE NOTES! try two clicks at a time just to see how it feels.

i have 954 calipers and stock everythign else, i dont know that it makes a difference, but i think they might work better bc they are newer and cleaner.

tank slap oftentimes results bc of a bad tire. avons are sticky as hell but when they get worn much past say, 60% they wobble. if your forks arent straight, you might get some wobble. the reason bri doesnt get any is two fold: 1. he is strong and can control the bike. 2. his tail isnt as high as some others, watch the tape of jason from evasive actions getting wobble and you will see that he is way over the front. the only way to get out of a wobble is to bring the rear tire lower, not higher.

roads to make a difference.

when you change your fork fluid, might as well do BOTH seals and do your slider bushings too, you need a front stand and just loosen the triple clamps and the clip-ons to slide the tubes out. if you dont wanna do this, just SLIGHTLY loosen the triple clamp bolts and straighten the wheel (like you used to do to bicycles)

hope this helps,

Teach

ps. lock your arms and use your shoulders to steer.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:56 PM

Gixxer_Princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by chrisdte
ry,

dont listen to these fools, first off bri tried puttin atf in his forks. johnny told bri to only buy one fork seal too!! they are idiots!! lol

I remember that night. The reaction you had was too effin funny:rolllaugh :rolllaugh

Tara
Old 10-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ryan..... do yourself a favor and don't listen to the only DTE rider who can't stoppie over 150ft. . LMAO!! jk teach... but you still can stoppie over 150ft.

Lata,
Bri
Old 10-28-2002, 02:29 PM
u of m still sux

thanx this all helps cause right now im obsessed with getting longer stoppies, ronnie can attest to that , we go out and ride and i instantly go to the stoppie road and ill be there for hours, but im gonna save this thread or something, or right it down when i get a chance,,thanx

dv8ryan